• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
To the tune of "Row your boat":

Raul, Raul, Raul the Red,
He's bald and Portuguese,
Meireles, Meireles, Meireles, Meireles,
Score a goal for me!

salman85

International Debutant
Only just saw Chelsea-Liverpool highlights; Carragher was a rock wasn't he? Haven't seen him play like that for a couple of years.
Save a thought for Torres.

Changes teams.Makes his debut against his old side.And his old side score the winner a little while after he is sustituted.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting story. All I know about Rosicky is that he and Kieran Dyer have form for serving, sorry having (non-existent) injuries which last a stipulated time. Only way millionaire footballers would be dragged into petty spot or match fixing if they owe someone.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine if Arsenal were to get docked points on top of that self-inflicted ****-up. :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
Australians should stick to writing about sports that a) they actually have a clue about, and b) are good at. Like foot...er, crick...um, rug... Hmmm. Anyone fancy helping me finish that sentence? :ph34r:
I should point out that it doesn't take much to be a sports journalist for News Ltd here in Australia. Like the fact Ben Dorries still has a job.

cover drive man

International Captain
Don't have exact figures, but there was four figures normally trying to get matched at all times on the draw at the various prices as it came down so I'd imagine there was a reasonable amount traded. Normally when someone is 4-0 up and looking in complete control you'd have single figures trying to be matched at whatever the price is.
Yeah, that's quite strange tbh.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He got booked, didn't he? Giggs should have seen red though.

On the Scholes handball, Hennessey's save was top draw.
What was the Giggs incident?

It's really strange how cheating to prevent a goal gets you a red card, penalty and three-game suspension but cheating to score gets you a yellow.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone fancy helping me finish that sentence? :ph34r:
Sure.

As a man from a country who has never been good at any sport I humbly apologize to all Australians. You're all top draw blokes/ladies, and I was acting the fool even questioning that fact.

Yours truly
GF

You're welcome.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh:

Next World Cup we can set you guys a subforum up to discuss the group stages in extra detail.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Predictor

I have United two points ahead of Arsenal, both teams having played 36 games.
I've left the United vs Arsenal and United vs Chelsea games untipped.
Which means there's an Arsenal game that hasn't been fixtured yet? Spurs?
So... if United beat Chelsea we have to win our two games, if United draw with Chelsea a win and a draw is enough and if United lose to Chelsea we have to win one of those two games.

Just a shame the Arsenal vs United game is before the Chelsea one.
Wolves, West Brom and West Ham going down. Wigan stay up by a point.

Last edited: