• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't really know.. he's injured a lot and Real have Alonso, Khedira, Diarra x2 in that position. Probably needs to move on but I don't think I'd consider him as an option for United.
Mahmadou Diarra left Real at some point during the window - hence why that **** Adebayor is wearing number 6.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I heard Liverpool are gonna dye Carroll hair blonde in an attempt to make Suarez think Torres is still there .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Blackpool have taken James Beattie on loan until the end of the season. :laugh:

Hopefully they'll make it permanent.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Gold from the F365 blog:

"A colleague saunters over to tell me Piers Morgan is complaining about Liverpool paying too much for Andy Carroll. Apropos of not much, Morgan is apparently getting $6million a year from CNN."

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Meanwhile Rovers have brought in RSC on loan for nothing, and Mauro Formica for 3m. Feels like a steal right about now :)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
To put some of this EPL nonsense in perspective, €47m in the summer would have bought you David Villa and Mesut Ozil.

The most expensive man in British football history has played a grand total of 19 Premier League games and 1 international. Ironically, Liverpool signing Carroll for £35m is the sort of ludicrous "look at us, we're a big club, honest, look how much money we're throwing around" signing that Newcastle have been so derided for in the past.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Carroll signs a five-and-a-half year deal and is - as it stands on the moment of signature - the seventh most expensive footballer of all time.

EDIT - Chelsea have confirmed both Torres and Luiz. 70-odd million between them right there.

Best. Deadline day. Ever.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Ikki to claim the monstrous fee/profit Liverpool made on Torres doesn't count when calculating the net spend on transfers since the prem began in 3...2...... :ph34r::ph34r:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We've got El-Hadji Diouf on loan.

Liking the thought of it. We need some bad bastards in for the title run in.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You like a player who punched his girlfriend? And his teammate?

ok.
Hadn't heard about that tbh. :(

On a purely footballing note, it's probably worked out for Liverpool, even considering the ridonkulous amount of money spent. We now have two strikers, one world class, and one who probably will be in the not too distant future. Carroll's physique is a good thing for us aswell, nice to have a big man up front.

If Torres wanted to go, I'm glad he go to, and no doubt he will get the ball from Chelsea's midfield he never recevied from us.

Chelsea's spending almost as crazy. But now they have two (more) world class players, and I am scared. :ph34r:

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, Chelsea the real winners of this window. Luiz is ****ing excellent and worth every penny they paid for him. Liverpool take the foolsgold belt. Incredible panic and desperation. Should've pocketed the Torres money and just got Suarez. Not getting relegated or making the Champions League anyway, Carroll signing just breaks the ****** scale. Does he still have to be supervised by Kevin Nolan, or will Stevie G take over that mantle now? Fmd, Bendtner's a better player than Andy Carroll.