• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cover drive man

International Captain
Missed the first five minutes of Corrie to watch the build up to the match last night, wasn't patricularly interested in Bolton's home record seeing as the only team to beat them at home this season before last night was Liverpool, which doesn't really say much. I just wanted to see who would replace Keys and Gray, was hoping for Jeff Stelling and one of his pals from soccer saturday (legends btw) but was disapointed to find it was the fella who does the league one footy (I think).

Edit: In fact he looked like a younger Richard Keys.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair enough but I've just read that **** Sam stood in for him last night. Erm, that could be the end of my football watching days tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I gather Mr. Gray has also been involved with other various misdemeanours with other female persons in recent times, not sure how reliable my sources are, but I was told that he was recently warned by Sky about asking some make-up girl to tuck his microphone into the crotch of his trousers. In any case, can't say I'm sad that he's been shown the door, but if this is just the latest in a string of dickead like incidents then I've no sympathy for him whatsoever.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair enough but I've just read that **** Sam stood in for him last night. Erm, that could be the end of my football watching days tbh.
Was properly turd too. Not up to speed with the game at all. If one didn't know better one might suspect refreshment had been partaken of.

Think the whole thing's turned into a beat up now, tbh. Yes, Gray was out of order, but it was hardly on a par with Fat Ron's little "effing lazy n-word" diatribe, was it?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was properly turd too. Not up to speed with the game at all. If one didn't know better one might suspect refreshment had been partaken of.

Think the whole thing's turned into a beat up now, tbh. Yes, Gray was out of order, but it was hardly on a par with Fat Ron's little "effing lazy n-word" diatribe, was it?
As mentioned though, apparently this wasn't an isolated incident, and there have been various other occasions where Gray has been warned by Sky about this kind of thing without the media getting hold of it, though these reports appear to be unconfirmed at the moment.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As mentioned though, apparently this wasn't an isolated incident, and there have been various other occasions where Gray has been warned by Sky about this kind of thing without the media getting hold of it, though these reports appear to be unconfirmed at the moment.
If what your source says is true one might suspect an inside job on the leak of the original audio file. Gray's becoming an embarrassment (renowned imbiber and swordsman, two marriages and kids by 4 diff women, so not a huge surprise), Sky let the clip become public, predictable outcry and they're terribly sorry, but have no choice but to dispense with his services.

Looks like the perfect stitch up.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If what your source says is true one might suspect an inside job on the leak of the original audio file. Gray's becoming an embarrassment (renowned imbiber and swordsman, two marriages and kids by 4 diff women, so not a huge surprise), Sky let the clip become public, predictable outcry and they're terribly sorry, but have no choice but to dispense with his services.

Looks like the perfect stitch up.

Yep, this is officially what he's been canned for, but clearly this is just the icing on the multi-layered cake of misogyny. Clearly the fact that Keys hasn't been binned, means they were after him.

Bored of him anyway, Strachan and Richardson for me.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No great surprise they got rid of him. Once you are in the ground and have a mic on you are at work and need to be careful what you say. If you were in an office job and saying lots of ***ist stuff you would be hauled over the coals pretty quickly so why not here.

I think Gray had become too big for his boots, thought he could do whatever he wanted and get away with it. He was clearly wrong. I bet he will be on Channel 5 soon though. As for Keys, his grovelling apology seems to have kept him his job.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Continuing with the conspiracy theories - maybe Keys was asked to start the conversation and knew he was switched on?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We're getting killed. United in playing like total ****e away from home shocker.

The fawning over Giggs is so embarrassing.

chalky

International Debutant
Stone wall penalty denied to Blackpool, Holliway about to explode lol

Blackpool just starting to tire can see Man Utd getting a draw out of this still.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really thinking it's not going to be our night. When RvP's header hit the bar a part of me died.

Koscielny is a ****ing hack too; makes Pascal Cygan look like Frank McLintock. Not of the requisite standard to put it politely.

chalky

International Debutant
BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS
Chelsea have had a £52m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero and defender Diego Godin rejected. I thought Roman Abramovich was supposed to be losing interest? Obviously not.

Reckon we could have a few more fireworks in the transfer window.