• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't like that idea. Yeah, Alex Song can play at the back but positinally he can go slightly awry when playing there and our midfield is infinitely weaker when he's not there. Denislon in the holding role ****s me to tears. Seriously cannot be putting up with that tripe for another season.
Sign a real CB and let Song be a monster in the middle.

As for Nordveit, he does deserve a run and will probably feature in the Carling Cup but the idea of Djourou being permanently crocked and thus Nordeveit being first choice replacement is the stuff nightmares are made from.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you've just said tbh. Would only want to see Song play at centre back as an absolute last resort.

Which reminds me, have we released or somehow gotten rid of Silvestre yet?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd imagine Koscienly would be the no.2 wouldn't he? I can't imagine Wenger spending 10 million Euro on a third choice CB.
Haven't seen him but have heard mixed reports. Not sold on people comparing him to Vermaelen though.
TV5 was Ajax and Belgium captain, this guy can't even get picked for Poland ffs.

Jarquis

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you've just said tbh. Would only want to see Song play at centre back as an absolute last resort.

Which reminds me, have we released or somehow gotten rid of Silvestre yet?
Gallas' contract has finished hasn't it? Then Campbell's and Silvestre's run out at the end of the month I think.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, getting rid of Silvestre will be the best piece of transfer business we complete all summer, I don't care who comes in.

Pothas

Not quite sure when but this has been the official Arsenal thread for a while.

In more important news Brentford are going to launch an ill fated charge at promotion this year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jesus Pothas you're right. It's even more boring than when it was the Man U thread as at least back then I felt mildly provoked. (only mildly because there are only certain members whom I have respect for)

Anyway, sledger and Marcuss, bore off and let the fans of proper teams get a word in, I can already tell you how your season pans out:

Look **** hot in early games
Lose game to goalkeeping mistake
Go on run of draws and odd defeat to joke team
Pick up with an excellent winter run
Bottle it in the spring

Last edited:

Matteh

Jesus Pothas you're right. It's even more boring than when it was the Man U thread as at least back then I felt mildly provoked. (only mildly because there are only certain members whom I have respect for)

Anyway, sledger and Marcuss, bore off and let the fans of proper teams get a word in, I can already tell you how your season pans out:

Go on run of draws and off defeat to joke team
Bottle it in the spring
Lolled.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

Go on run of draws and odd defeat to joke team
Bottle it in the spring
Ha ha, quality.

duffer

Heh nobody is stopping the rest of you fellas from posting in here. Marcuss and sledger just keeping up the good work tbh.

ALthough Koscielny and then just promoting Djourou and Nordtveit would be disastrous. Absolutely disastrous result for the summer.

Jarquis

Heh nobody is stopping the rest of you fellas from posting in here. Marcuss and sledger just keeping up the good work tbh.

ALthough Koscielny and then just promoting Djourou and Nordtveit would be disastrous. Absolutely disastrous result for the summer.
Haha yeah, it's not my fault that nobody else really has anything to say. Like it or not this summer could be massive for Arsenal so there's a fair bit to talk about.

Anyway, agree with that Duffer,

grecian

The Scottish Premier League will be won by one of the old firm, you heard it here first....