Page 19 of 415 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Arsenal now expected to sign Koscielny by the end of the week, possibly in the next 24 hours, for around 10m.

And Moratti has confirmed that United have made an approach for dear Wesley. So much about that makes no sense and just won't happen, but I'm going to allow myself an indulgent moment of hope. Ok, I'm done.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    For those on here who follow the lower leagues in England (and will probably ring a bell for cpr), does anybody know what John Curtis is like as a player? He started off at Manchester United and was there when they did the Treble, before dropping down in the lower leagues and playing for clubs like Northampton, Wycombe etc.

I ask, since he will be the right back for Gold Coast United in the A-League.
    Curtis was a strange one - he was United's youth team captain and held up as one of the club's brightest prospects in the late '90s, being tipped as a near-certain future England international too, and then never quite kicked on. Played a few games, was in and out of the side for a couple of seasons and then gradually faded from first-team reckoning. We got decent money from Blackburn as I recall when we sold him but I've not really seen anything of him since he played a couple of games down the road for QPR a few years back.

cpr
    Yeah, pretty much above, trying to remember if he missed a chunk through injury, but i'm not sure he did. Was very highly rated as a youth though.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    <post John Barnes themed Valentine's Day card here>
    Don't know whether to laugh or explode at that post tbh
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Making a snarky remark/smiley continuously after my posts and then mentioning me in another discussion is just trying to get a rise out of me. It's a bitch-move. You're going to waste time posting bull**** and then act like you can't be assed making a point? If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore or don't reply.
    Mainly in a vain hope you'd talk about something else itbt.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    This season's footy thread promises to be the worst ever if so far (and the other Prem-related threads) has been anything to go by.

Seriously, all jokes aside. This is one of the best threads in CW. Things getting debated in detail is fine but 90% of the thread readers/posters seem to be sick of all the bollocks in this thread lately. I'm not blaming anyone or singling anyone out just calling it as I see it.

Where's the love?
    Its fine, there is always the division 3 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Bendtner is never going to be the next Van Basten, but he's underrated. He's better than Berbatov, atleast.
    A very tenuous claim. Though I don't much rate Berbatov he at least has a reasonable enough record to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    Arsenal now expected to sign Koscielny by the end of the week, possibly in the next 24 hours, for around 10m.
    Confirmed as a done deal this afternoon, BTW.

Good start Arsene, now go out and spend some more.

BBC Sport - Football - Barcelona fail to pay player wages for June

Maybe some good news for Arsenal in their quest to keep Cesc with the news that Barcelona failed to pay the players wages for June and have some financial problems.

Still can't get my around the statement from the new chairman that they are going to release 50 million euros + any transfers recieved for new signings yet can't pay the day to day bills

Looks like financial mismanagement in football isn't just restricted to England.

Got to love their arrogance insisting that they won't pay more than 30m for Cesc, get ****ed you ****s. If Yaya Toure is going to City for 27m we'll be taking a great deal more than that for one of the best midfielders on the continent thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post

And Moratti has confirmed that United have made an approach for dear Wesley. So much about that makes no sense and just won't happen, but I'm going to allow myself an indulgent moment of hope. Ok, I'm done.
    Laurent Koscielny completes move to Arsenal | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com
    People have been saying "it'll be anounced in the next 24hours" since Saturday. So nice to wrap it up.

Whilst I envy you for the Wesley stories, I have it on good authority that duffer had to change his boxers on sight of this. Despite the fact it's on goal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Laurent Koscielny completes move to Arsenal | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com
    People have been saying "it'll be anounced in the next 24hours" since Saturday. So nice to wrap it up.

Whilst I envy you for the Wesley stories, I have it on good authority that duffer had to change his boxers on sight of this. Despite the fact it's on goal.com
    I saw this as well. In a sense I hope it's true, but in another I really hope not (basically, if Cesc goes, let's go for him, if he stays, I'd rather we didn't bother, as the last thing we need is another midfielder who's good on the ball and can pass it around nicely but adds little in defence). Such a gun though, I just really hope he doesn't end up at somewhere like Man Utd or Liverpool, as I would rather not have to start hating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Ha ha yeah I saw that one too, but considered it so beyond the realms of any possibility that I didn't bother mentioning it.

Got no issues with us signing him, as long as we get another center back and a goalkeeper as well. Would rather a backup for Song as well. If that happens it'll be our best transfer window ever tbh.
    You're right in saying, positionally, he's the last player we need. But in terms of quality, he's exactly the sort of player we should be going after.

Thread Information