• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cpr

International Coach
Definate red that. 2 Feet off the ground, studs straight into Carrick, shocking attempt at a 'tackle'

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
He's a split-second late, and gets his foot. Terrible tackle, but that was disappointing.

cpr

International Coach
Don't tackle like that then, 2 feet off the ground and studs showing, even if he did get the ball he'd still get pulled up and probably a yellow

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don't tackle like that then, 2 feet off the ground and studs showing, even if he did get the ball he'd still get pulled up and probably a yellow
So you're saying it was a yellow? :ph34r:

I'm probably extra annoyed because it's Stevie G, we have The Friendly Derby in a week, and we suck enough as it is.

Buying Messi, Ronaldo and most the Bundesliga about the only way to make the pain go away.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
In the second half, I'm tipping Konchesky to come on for Aurelio, Lucas to push up forward, Torres to be sent off, Kelly to be traded for a bag of magic beans, Dalglish to stab Fergie and be handed a life sentence and Roy to be reinstated as manager immediately after, because that's the only way the game can get any worse.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Missed Owen coming on a grabbing a hat trick :p Though about as likely as Konchesky coming on, as he's not on the bench

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Missed Owen coming on a grabbing a hat trick :p Though about as likely as Konchesky coming on, as he's not on the bench
Injured alongside Cole, apparently.

Watching Liverpool play is like watching someone play Fifa 11 really badly. Everyone comes up in defense and puts on too much pressure, then we bash it forwards trying to go the length of the field in five seconds, and we're lucky if we see a strike on the end, which is taken closer to the halfway line than the box.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Meireles off? Should've been Lucas.

Big op for Babel here. Has been brilliant or outrageously poor this season. Which will we get?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like how poor we can be while still beating Liverpool pretty comfortably. They also seemed oddly content to take a 1-0 defeat... sign of the times.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Good work choosing to ignore my follow-up posts. (Y)

And I have seen worse tackles not given red this season, plenty.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If only Babel was a quarter as good at football than he is at tweeting.

Seriously though, of all the refs to pick a former police Constable from Leeds is hardly likely to be a passionate Manchester United fan. Hilarious, but reeks of flagrant butthurt nonetheless.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good to see Stevie G not getting away with being a dirty **** for once.

Cannot remember the last time I was actually impressed when watching Man utd but they keep winning so guess they must be good.

Shame Sven could not beat City but a draw is a pretty good effort.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The penalty was soft, but there was no reason to stick a foot in there.

Still coming to grips with punchy actually getting walked, even at Old Trafford.

Southampton next up - could be worse, so used to getting Premier League opposition (Leeds, yeah I know) that anything else is always a relief.

Last edited: