• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, nah, he should imo, would be interested in hearing his thoughts every now and again. Not that I have it myself.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On Denilson :
@DarrenArsenal1 Disagree on Denilson, is lazy, doesn't track back, doesn't press, doesn't chase and has barely improved
@MarcussDeane honestly that's just not true, covers more ground consistently every game

@DarrenArsenal1 Covers it at a saunter though, that's the problem. Too many goals scored where he doesn't track his man.
(@rosscoarsenal replies)@MarcussDeane Name a goal this season? he has been impressive. best midfielder at the weekend and Everton in the second half

@rosscoarsenal Spuds' first on Saturday
@MarcussDeane if you watched that goal, you'd see our centre backs had no right to go trudging up the park when we had a 2 goal lead
@rosscoarsenal Yeah, I'm not saying it's his fault alone. I'm saying he should've done better and tracked harder. Same at Chelsea/Barca 09

@MarcussDeane if you watched his game closely like i have,you'll see he makes things look easy, composed + other big clubs would snap him up
@rosscoarsenal You're kidding? Discipline is poor, United at home last season. Watch it. No significant improvement Wouldn't get in Utd/Chls
@rosscoarsenal He played 37 games last season IIRC, he's not a good enough player to play key part in winning league. 4 trophies need better

@MarcussDeane one game? best defensive midfielder this season. you can't blame denilson for man united either. what about clichy and co?
@rosscoarsenal Why does somebody have to be the only bad player before we criticise them? He's not the only problem. He is a problem though
@rosscoarsenal Other players make mistakes too, but Denilson makes a lot, isn't getting better and doesn't even do basics such as tracking

@MarcussDeane if you watched him then you'd see he plays like mikel where he intercepts and gives the ball too our playmakers.
@MarcussDeane and i've watched Denilson more closely than other players. he has vastly improved.
@rosscoarsenal Well agree to disagree. I see a player with a poor work rate, too often goes missing and doesn't seem to care. Not a winner

(@MrGunnerBaines)@MarcussDeane I think Denilson has done very well so far this season! Is a very underrated player, we have better balance with him

The first one is from @DarrenArsenal1 who is a very good online journalist AFAIK, speaks a lot of sense.... most of the time.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
@MarcussDeane honestly that's just not true, covers more ground consistently every game
Yeah, too bad that he doesn't cover it with the same speed and intensity as any of the other players in the side or indeed the opposition hey?

@MarcussDeane Name a goal this season? he has been impressive. best midfielder at the weekend and Everton in the second half
Samir Nasri tbh.

@MarcussDeane if you watched his game closely like i have,you'll see he makes things look easy, composed + other big clubs would snap him up
Not too hard to make a square pass across the midfield when in acres of space anything other than composed tbh. Would love to know what other "big clubs" could find a space in their team to carry him tbh, because for the life of me I can't think of another one in this country certainly.

@MarcussDeane one game? best defensive midfielder this season. you can't blame denilson for man united either. what about clichy and co?
No.

@MarcussDeane if you watched him then you'd see he plays like mikel where he intercepts and gives the ball too our playmakers.
At least Mikel actually attempts tackles and can put the boot in when needed. Also what he's just said here is basically akin to saying "gets the loose ball and then gives it to a player who is actually capabale of posing moderate threat to the opposition goal.

@MarcussDeane and i've watched Denilson more closely than other players. he has vastly improved.
Not sure how this guy can even begin to justify this position, if anything Denilson has regressed since his debut season.

@MarcussDeane I think Denilson has done very well so far this season! Is a very underrated player, we have better balance with him
Would love to know how a player who doesn't do anything is underated. I'm also curious as to what he has done well at, for as far as I can see he has spent most of his time on the bench and shown piss all determination when actually getting off his arse.

Bah, such a waste of space. Come on Aaron, get that leg unbroken ffs.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
WAG. If he can be half the player he was when his leg was smashed he'll be twice the player Denilson is. Once he's fit then we really should get shot of the guy, really just is no good. Hopefully as Wilshere gets fitter his appearances will further dwindle.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not too hard to make a square pass across the midfield when in acres of space anything other than composed tbh. Would love to know what other "big clubs" could find a space in their team to carry him tbh, because for the life of me I can't think of another one in this country certainly.
Darren Fletcher. Although admittedly I'm judging him on his performances anytime he returns north of the border. I'm assuming he's got some footballing ability given that he's a regular for Manchester United, shame he leaves whatever ability he has at Carlisle before playing internationals.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fletcher's far from a world-class centre-mid but he invariably puts in excellent performances for us in big games. Would miss him a lot if he wasn't there. Definitely wouldn't swap him for Denilson.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I see Jose was up to his tricks again last night.

4-0 up away from home, so 2 of your players pick up 2nd yellow cards for time wasting (thus getting a suspension out of the way in a meaningless game)

vcs

Hate Real Madrid. Hate their **** of a manager, transfer "policy" (throw **** at the wall until enough sticks), and that egotistic prick Ronaldo. Shame their rivals aren't much more likable either. La Liga is turning into a real joke.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Though I have always taken a similar attitude towards Real Madrid as I do towards Man Utd, I have always not been able to help myself liking them. Always loved Raul back in the late 90s, and he was so great back then. Always loved Figo and the fat Ronaldo, and they were the best team in the world when they won the champions league...and then the hat trick at old Trafford...just too good to dislike. Had a few iffy years in between now and then, but I find them quite likeable at the moment because I like Mourinho and the majority of the players they have.

vcs

Yeah, I didn't mind them when they had Zidane and Ronaldo either. The current version though... I guess I just can't stand Mourinho and C. Ronaldo in general which makes me really, really dislike them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Making the effort to go to the pub for lunch/to watch the game today, so we better bloody win.

Or Pires to score a hat-trick, wouldn't begrudge him that. :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thank **** for that. Though Villa's first goal should have been ruled out, that was an uncomfortable few minutes towards the end. Deserved the win but were in arms reach of throwing it away again. Despite there being a lot of bad defending for the goals conceded we played really well all over I thought. But the defence is a glaring concern. Will be interesting to see how Chelsea, Utd and Spurs go now..

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Bugger this. Not staying up to watch my team get clobbered. United a bit good really.

Know how you Poms feel tbh :ph34r:

Uppercut

Bugger this. Not staying up to watch my team get clobbered. United a bit good really.

Know how you Poms feel tbh :ph34r:
You've just gotten us on a moon-alignment day when Nani, Rooney, Berbatov, Park and Anderson are all having on-days.