• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

chalky

International Debutant
BBC Sport - Football - Chelsea pair John Terry & Alex could be out until 2011

Yep 2 Months according to the BBC.

Looks bad especially considering Chelsea's up coming fixtures

Saturday, 20 November 2010
Barclays Premier League
Birmingham v Chelsea, 15:00

Sunday, 28 November 2010
Barclays Premier League
Newcastle v Chelsea, 13:30

Saturday, 4 December 2010
Barclays Premier League
Chelsea v Everton, 15:00

Sunday, 12 December 2010
Barclays Premier League
Tottenham v Chelsea, 16:00

Sunday, 19 December 2010
Barclays Premier League
Chelsea v Man Utd, 16:00

Monday, 27 December 2010
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v Chelsea, 20:00

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really don't think Van Persie is actually all that imperative to Arsenal's chances tbh. Good as he is, he's absent so much of the time anyway the team seems to do just as well when he isn't around. Particularly now that Chamakh has been pretty impressive since joining. I would say Van Persie's influence and importance to Arsenal is dwindling further with every game he misses through injury, it has been a long time since he's really been at the forefront of the team, and even longer since he's made a truly important contribution like Cesc did hauling Arsenal through all those games last season. Though I like him, I would say he really needs to get his arse in gear if he's to stay with the club.

As for Gael Clichy, have always been of the opinion that he was a decent prospect/useful squad player more than anything else. Despite having several seasons at first choice now I don't really think he's made any significant improvement and has done little to change my view on him. Again, quite like the guy, but I think he's benefited from other players underperforming and thus them being the centre of attention. Though he doesn't often look glaringly bad, he never looks astoundingly good either. Not exactly a first name on the team sheet type player, but does the job.
Not sure about that. Has looked like poo on a stick for much of this season apart from a couple of games. If Kieran wasn't so injury prone (earnt himself name van Gibbsie it seems) I'd have got shot of him by now while he still has some value.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not sure about that. Has looked like poo on a stick for much of this season apart from a couple of games. If Kieran wasn't so injury prone (earnt himself name van Gibbsie it seems) I'd have got shot of him by now while he still has some value.
Well, granted his errors have on occasion been pretty terrible, I would still rate the majority of them around 6 or 7 out of 10 on a scale of general direness rather than really reaching the upper echelons. Comparatively speaking, he isn't nearly as much as a concern as Almunia or Fabianski. Or even the likes of Denilson for that matter, though he has shown improvement as of late. Or at least I think he has, either that or him actually playing less is giving me that impression.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mmm, full backs are kinda like that though. There might not be anything you can specifically fault about a given Clichy performance but when you look at what Sagna contributes on the opposite side of the pitch you realise just how much of an improvement to the side a properly good left back could make.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mmm, full backs are kinda like that though. There might not be anything you can specifically fault about a given Clichy performance but when you look at what Sagna contributes on the opposite side of the pitch you realise just how much of an improvement to the side a properly good left back could make.
Yeah, I admit that, the point I was trying to make wasn't really trying to escape from this. I was just suggesting that due to other players around him being a greater cause for concern Clichy has managed to hide himself pretty well and avoid being replaced as there are always greater areas of need. What you've said is completely correct in my eyes, a good full back can add a lot, and whilst Clichy isn't as good, he's neither a massive amount worse. Just does a reasonable job 80% of the time, which ties into why I have never really rated him as anything other than a decent squad player.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, France have improved pretty dramatically. You'd think they would have thought of getting rid of the worst international manager of all time a few years earlier.

duffer

Getting twitchier than a certain twichy **** of a football manager right now. Have a nasty feeling about tonight.

duffer

They've ended a few streaks against us and we've been ass-water at home this season outside of Europe. Apparently Nasri doesn't plan to shake Willy's hand before the game.

Either way here we go.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gomez is such a jibber. I know there's a glass houses element when an Arsenal fan criticises another team's custodian, but keepers swallowing it is unforgiveable. Didn't want to commit himself when Nasri broke through.