• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Awww bless, surprised I'm not banned again actually - apparently making a joke about the Scottish not rating England in a World Cup thread is worthy of a 7 dayer. I wonder if you'll get a month for the above... I won't hold my breath.

Anyway York is several hundred notches above Glasgow. But never mind. Various other places in the north east are less **** than Glasgow. Although that's like saying Beirut is better than Chernobyl.

Oh and unfortunately there haven't been enough Champions League matches involving Scottish clubs to merely look at the past 4-5 years, unless you include qualifying rounds I guess.
Report it then.

Small matter of a CL last 16, UEFA Cup last 16 and final in the last 5 years. Sample size is easily big enough if you're prepared to look. Rangers away record reads P26 W5 D11 L10 in that period - not outstanding, but not the record of a team that ****s itself away from Glasgow either.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They had text commentary on Scottish updates before though, it was just a separate page from the updates on England. I don't see why they felt the need to combine the two.

It's not that I want to see Norn Irish results in there too, it's just that if they're going to carry on a pretense of fairness towards license-paying countries that aren't England there's no reason not to do it properly. At least as many people care about Linfield or Glentoran's results as care about Hamilton Academical's.
How many people follow Linfield and Glentoran week in week out? I'd be suprised if it was significantly higher than even the joke clubs in the SPL.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many people follow Linfield and Glentoran week in week out? I'd be suprised if it was significantly higher than even the joke clubs in the SPL.
Attendances are about the same I'd estimate. There's a lot of fairly casual Linfield/Glentoran fans though, obviously. Typically someone will mainly support Rangers but always look out for Linfield's results and go to a big game or two every season.

It's pretty comparable in any case, i.e. there's no real reason to update everyone on the scores of one but not the other. It's even stranger that Championship matches aren't included (well, not covered to the extent Scottish ones are). I think it'd be pretty fair of them to include Celtic/Rangers but nobody else, although I'm sure any Scottish fans of other clubs would despise that idea even more than being ignored altogether.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a great weekend for Manchester United scum, I reiterate football is crap, roll on the ashes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yay, finally betting against Arsenal pays off :cool:

Was a mate's tip actually, so will shout him some beers for sure.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Its all semantics. I don't agree that the 'best' team always wins but he has a point that a team who can't score probably deserves to lose.

Didn't watch the game because of Barnes though

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stupid rhetorical question of the day "do you think Joe Cole would have such a stunning missus if he wasn't a footballer?"

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Depends if you agree that one player making a mistake makes Newcastle the better side, regardless of anything else.
That's different. The point being argued was teams who can't score don't deserve to win. I don't see how that's debatable.