• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Oh ffs the BBC have started including the ****ing Scottish ****e in the football updates. Who gives a **** about that 2 team tinpot league where the 2 teams get dominated every time they bugger off from the home comforts of Glasgow and it's awe-inspiring post apocalyptic slums.
You're from the north east of England, Glasgow is Paris, Rome and Prague rolled into one compared to the dump you inhabit.

And why the **** shouldn't the BBC cover Scottish football? We pay a license fee as well.

As for crumbling away from Glasgow, Rangers European away record over the last 4-5 years says no. Get a clue before you spout your ignorant ****e you fat dribbling, pube-headed moron.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Oh ffs the BBC have started including the ****ing Scottish ****e in the football updates. Who gives a **** about that 2 team tinpot league where the 2 teams get dominated every time they bugger off from the home comforts of Glasgow and it's awe-inspiring post apocalyptic slums.
8-)

Really dire post. Regardless of all the other crap you've posted, Glasgow is a fantastic city and a hell of a lot better than a lot of the crap in the north east, like GF said.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I see no Welsh or Northern Irish results... I can't imagine that many more people care that Celtic have now got their eighth against Aberdeen.
Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, etc...

Welsh & N Irish leagues sub conference level. Pretty sure the former was only created so the Welsh wouldn't lose their places in Europe. It was certainly within my watching span anyway.

Scotland, meanwhile has had two Euro finalists in the last ten years. No comparsion; might as well complain shinty doesn't get the coverage that Welsh union does.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You're from the north east of England, Glasgow is Paris, Rome and Prague rolled into one compared to the dump you inhabit.

And why the **** shouldn't the BBC cover Scottish football? We pay a license fee as well.

As for crumbling away from Glasgow, Rangers European away record over the last 4-5 years says no. Get a clue before you spout your ignorant ****e you fat dribbling, pube-headed moron.
:laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cardiff, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, etc...

Welsh & N Irish leagues sub conference level. Pretty sure the former was only created so the Welsh wouldn't lose their places in Europe. It was certainly within my watching span anyway.

Scotland, meanwhile has had two Euro finalists in the last ten years. No comparsion; might as well complain shinty doesn't get the coverage that Welsh union does.
They had text commentary on Scottish updates before though, it was just a separate page from the updates on England. I don't see why they felt the need to combine the two.

It's not that I want to see Norn Irish results in there too, it's just that if they're going to carry on a pretense of fairness towards license-paying countries that aren't England there's no reason not to do it properly. At least as many people care about Linfield or Glentoran's results as care about Hamilton Academical's.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To solidify Brumby's point, I'm watching the South Welsh derby on BBC as we speak

Admittedly I only turned it on because Sky have ****ing John Barnes on as a pundit so I won't be partaking any of their football this afternoon. Shame as I quite fancied Liverpool-Chelsea but there you go. Surely no-one actually takes his opinion on football seriously?!

Woodster

International Captain
Yes Liverpool-Chelsea should be a decent game today. But my attention will be focusing on City away at WBA, a very important game for the Blues, a defeat will be four in a row, not good at all going into the derby on Wednesday.

Uppercut

Haha, the BBC are taking pundits that Channel Five let go years ago. Cuts are hitting harder than I thought.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They had text commentary on Scottish updates before though, it was just a separate page from the updates on England. I don't see why they felt the need to combine the two.

It's not that I want to see Norn Irish results in there too, it's just that if they're going to carry on a pretense of fairness towards license-paying countries that aren't England there's no reason not to do it properly. At least as many people care about Linfield or Glentoran's results as care about Hamilton Academical's.
Depends who the Accys are playing, tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Newcastle paying $13 for the win pre-match :-O

Had a nibble. Seem to always bet against Arsenal, and they seem to always rape me of my money, yet I keep doing it. Not sure why

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Newcastle paying $13 for the win pre-match :-O

Had a nibble. Seem to always bet against Arsenal, and they seem to always rape me of my money, yet I keep doing it. Not sure why
Had like a dozen texts from various mates who occasionally enjoy a flutter saying either how loony toon (Newcastle-related pun for those playing along at home) the odds were and/or they've had punt.

We're coming off a defeat and yer Gerodies are at home. Our stiffs did win 4-0 up there last week tho.

Uppercut

Read it again mate, it's ****ing Sky.
Haha oh yeah. Clowns.

Had like a dozen texts from various mates who occasionally enjoy a flutter saying either how loony toon (Newcastle-related pun for those playing along at home) the odds were and/or they've had punt.

We're coming off a defeat and yer Gerodies are at home. Our stiffs did win 4-0 up there last week tho.
It's at the Emirates isn't it?

Uppercut

AFC Wimbledon have been drawn against MK Dons in the cup, provided they both get through replays.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Awww bless, surprised I'm not banned again actually - apparently making a joke about the Scottish not rating England in a World Cup thread is worthy of a 7 dayer. I wonder if you'll get a month for the above... I won't hold my breath.

Anyway York is several hundred notches above Glasgow. But never mind. Various other places in the north east are less **** than Glasgow. Although that's like saying Beirut is better than Chernobyl.

Oh and unfortunately there haven't been enough Champions League matches involving Scottish clubs to merely look at the past 4-5 years, unless you include qualifying rounds I guess.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scots and north easterners arguing about who lives in the better area conjours up images of blind kids fighting over spectacles, tbh

Not happening today. Sigh. ****s.