Page 15 of 415 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Caicedo spent last season on loan and is as good as gone, Jo already is gone afaik, and Robinho is interesting, IMO another loan to Santos is likely. In any case, at best 1 will still be a City player come season start and he'll never play. Clutching at straws.
    Hey, it wasn't my inital point and I don't really agree with it. I made that point to you on CricSim in August last year and you explained to me what the deal was. Even called Sturridge leaving IIRC. But whatever may happen, you have 7 strikers on your books at ther moment.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Where on earth do you get 8 from?

And I see Kris Boyd clearly going for a gradual step up in quality of league rather than show himself up by going to the Premier league...
    Considering the amount of games played last season compared to all the City strikers I have down Berbatov, Rooney, Owen, Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda and Diouf.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Haha Rose, where the **** do you get 8 from? We've got Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov and Owen, so thats 3.5 at best. Can see us getting shot of Dimi if we get a decent offer, Owen will be offski too.

Hernandez is unproven, and probably one for a season or two (him and Macheda, who's still not really ready for the big stage. Owen is injury prone and will probably look for more regular football elsewhere now he's at least 1 further down the pecking order. Berbatovs a luxury, and whilst he's nice to have, he's not consistent enough and doesnt play well enough with Rooney to base an attack around. We need 3 top strikers, and Berbatov should be the 3rd..... Then a few youngsters to cover for injuries..... Either way one injury and we dont want to have to fall back on kids
    Hard to see us offloading Owen considering he's going to be coming off an injury and he did well when called upon. Hernandez's fee suggests he's going to be a first teamer. Welbeck out on loan as well as Diouf. Maybe Macheda. Berbatov only going if there's a decent offer for him.
    Last edited by roseboy64; 04-07-2010 at 03:08 PM.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    lol, why would you even bother posting garbage like that?
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Can't see Bremen selling for anything other than a big fee. Sold Diego to bring him through.
    Contract runs out next summer so....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Considering the amount of games played last season compared to all the City strikers I have down Berbatov, Rooney, Owen, Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda and Diouf.
    2 point 4 children....
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    lol, why would you even bother posting garbage like that?
    Garbage? I know it's the NoTW but still
    Anyway, I posted it because it's bloody ridiculous. City are set to pay Yaya Toure over £200k a week ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Caicedo spent last season on loan and is as good as gone, Jo already is gone afaik, and Robinho is interesting, IMO another loan to Santos is likely. In any case, at best 1 will still be a City player come season start and he'll never play. Clutching at straws.
    Benjani was one as well.

Contract runs out next summer so....
    Will see how it plays out then, if it doesn't look like he'll sign a new one I doubt they'll want to miss cashing in but I still don't think you'll see him go for anything other than a sizeable fee.

Benjani was one as well.
    He's gone now though tbf.
    Last edited by Marcuss; 04-07-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    2 point 4 children....
    Que? RSC and Benjani probably played less games for City than Diouf, Welbeck and Macheda played for United.

He's gone now though tbf.
    Yes but he was on the books last year when the whole City having strikers and no GKs thing was on.

Will see how it plays out then, if it doesn't look like he'll sign a new one I doubt they'll want to miss cashing in but I still don't think you'll see him go for anything other than a sizeable fee.
    Yeah I expect him to go for at least 15-20 mil. Nowhere near 30 though unless it's City or Madrid bidding.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Diouf.
    Weirdest deal ever.

"Here, let's throw £5 million out of the window"
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

cpr
    Forgot about Diouf tbh. Welbeck played a few games aye, dont expect any more than that this season, would put money on a full season out on loan (did go to Preston but then got crocked). One for the future.

Hard to see us offloading Owen considering he's going to be coming off an injury and he did well when called upon. Hernandez's fee suggests he's going to be a first teamer. Welbeck out on loan as well as Diouf. Maybe Macheda. Berbatov only going if there's a decent offer for him.[/QUOTE]

We'll probably see the back of Owen because he'll want a more regular game, he's down the pecking order behind Hernandez, and even further if we get another striker.

Hernandez's fee suggests nothing, Fergie has never worried about splashing millions on a future star and not putting them into the team from the off.

One injury upfront and were relying on the untried and young Hernandez, the inexperienced Macheda, or the half the time crocked himself Owen. Cannot sustain a push for glory without a better no 3 striker.....Really though midfield is even worse, should focus there first.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Hernandez at 22 and playing a decent standard at Chivas is clearly going to be battling it with Owen for 3rd choice giving 4 forwards and a decent portion of games only involved one being played. I'm quite fine with him as with the friendlies I've seen in him plus WC games plus highlights of games in Mexico and reviews from people who've watched games I've not seen he's got pace, good in the air, decent touch and seems to be able to finish. Well worth giving him a chance.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    How much did Hernandez cost? £6~m wasn't it?
    Last edited by Uppercut; 04-07-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Thread Information