• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, would've been nice but after Chelsea went ahead that was a massive, massive goal for us. City dropping points as well, United do the same tonight and it'll be interesting.

social

Really happy to see Mick McCarthy have some success (good bloke IMO) but doubt that the folks in AD will dismiss it so easily

Mancini must really be on shaky ground after this

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really happy to see Mick McCarthy have some success (good bloke IMO) but doubt that the folks in AD will dismiss it so easily
You obviously weren't in the UK to hear him commentate for the BBC during the World Cup.

Has massively improved as a manager since his ROI days, though. Was an absolute clown for us but he's done a great job with Wolves.

grecian

You obviously weren't in the UK to hear him commentate for the BBC during the World Cup.

Has massively improved as a manager since his ROI days, though. Was an absolute clown for us but he's done a great job with Wolves.
bollox was great for ROI, qualified for owt since? only one **** had a problem. Keane was a joke in his criticisms and only die-hard united fans give the **** any credit.

Uppercut

Well TBF the FAI launched an official review into the side's preparation for the World Cup and came out completely in agreement with Keane.

It's not really a fair comparison because the side McCarthy managed was so much better than every subsequent ROI team.

I think it's more notable that we haven't qualified for a major tournament since Keane left. As evidenced by the fact that we were complete gash in qualifying for Euro '04, with McCarthy but without Keane.

grecian

Well TBF the FAI launched an official review into the side's preparation for the World Cup and came out completely in agreement with Keane.

It's not really a fair comparison because the side McCarthy managed was so much better than every subsequent ROI team.

I think it's more notable that we haven't qualified for a major tournament since Keane left. As evidenced by the fact that we were complete gash in qualifying for Euro '04, with McCarthy but without Keane.
on brilliant the fai decided it was someone elses fault, who'd of thunk

edit, oh and maybe the next tounament they did so badly waas because some **** had undermined the team with his whinging nonsense.

yet it's hard to call a manager that did better then all those since a "clown", unless theres been proof of him being crap since, which there hasn't, which makes you think that keane was talking ****ing crap, and only did it for self-aggrandizement, which would tally with him, and fai trying to blame someone else for their failures

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
bollox was great for ROI, qualified for owt since? only one **** had a problem. Keane was a joke in his criticisms and only die-hard united fans give the **** any credit.
They qualified because of the quality of players they had available, was nothing to do with the clown from Barnsley.

vcs

La Liga is ridiculously uncompetitive as usual. :sleep:

Becoming just a glorified SPL.

Johnners

Assuming daylight savings has just finished in the UK? Can't justify staying up till 2 on a work night for 'pool :(

More early games dammit!

Uppercut

I wonder why Nolan didn't take the Newcastle penalty. Apart from being on a hat-trick, he's Newcastle's regular penalty taker.

(and in my fantasy team ffs)

Scaly piscine

Nolan collects his hat-trick. 5-0 and counting.

Just when you thought people from Sunderland couldn't suffer any more.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, 5-1. The comeback starts here. :ph34r:

Seriously, loth as I man to see a T*ttenham man do well, Houghton seems altogether less of a client that Bruce so am thoroughly enjoying this.

Nolan in my DT too. :cool: