• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's far from inconceivable that SM has improved as a coach over the last few years and is actually a far better candidate than he was in 2006. As you say, who else is there? Especially now that Hodgson's looking completely out of his depth when not managing a small club with no great pretensions.
I don't think he'd take the job after what the press did to him last time. His position would be kinda compromised even before his first match because he was sooo bad as England manager.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think he'd take the job after what the press did to him last time. His position would be kinda compromised even before his first match because he was sooo bad as England manager.
He was, and it would take a lot of balls to take the job on again after that. I was one of his harshest critics during his last reign, as at that time I genuinely believed he was not up to the job in any capacity, and was seemingly proved right. However, I think now things are different, and unless a standout candidate really comes out of the blue in the next year or so I think I would give him my backing to take the job on again. Though of course it is a stupid move by the FA to openly state at this stage that the next England manager will definitely be English, does nobody any favours whatsoever, but then again, we shouldn't expect any less from such an incompetent institution.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Valencia goal: ... They don't deserve that, Rangers.

Scottish things in sport. Never deserve anything bad happening amongst their amazing bravery.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Iooking forward to the "one half in Milan" DVD:mellow:

'Arry's press will love it though how his genius turned it round8-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Rooney is going to be unconditionally hated by fans all over England from now on like Ashley Cole no matter how his career goes. What an idiot.
Not me & i know many others who wont either with either of them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gutted at tonight's result. Measure of how well we're playing that I'm disappointed at drawing with Valencia.

Quite fancy us to take Man Utd tbh.