• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't think money has anything to do with it, and I can hardly see it having much to do with the club's finances either. He just looks genuinely unhappy in general life and wants to move on. There's not really any need for such bitterness..
But I would question how much of his unhappiness is football related, which surely comes down to the club's finances (ie the selling the best players and not replacing them adequately) then poor recruitment in the summer.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Think Rooney would fit into Real Madrid 1st team quite well. It would probably mean Mourinho may have to let Kaka go & make Ozil a sub player.

----------------------------------------------------------------Casillas-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramos---------------------------------Pepe------------------------------Carvalho--------------------------------Arbeloa/Marcelo

Ronaldo-------------------------------Alonso---------------------------Khedira----------------------------------------------Di Maria

------------------------------------------Rooney----------------------------Higuain---------------------------------------------------------

Big Ash Cole should have took a chance to go Madrid as well. Since the left back position @ Madrid isn't really convincing. Two top ENG players @ Madrid would have been beautiful. But just Wazza will be fine.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Full respect to Sir Alex for his candour, but it is a little surprising to my way of thinking. .
Really? Smacks of petty ****ery to me. Trying to turn the fans against a player whom he "is leaving the door open for" and as you said greatly reducing his transfer value. Ginsoak is just being a bitter **** here, no doubt about it. Ridiculously counter productive for it to be so public right now and will hurt them when trying to get a good price for him later.

Craig

World Traveller
I would like to have the honour of making duffer, sledger, BB, and Marcuss (and any other Arsenal fans on here) temporary Nerazzurri fans :cool:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But I would question how much of his unhappiness is football related, which surely comes down to the club's finances (ie the selling the best players and not replacing them adequately) then poor recruitment in the summer.
Well he announced that he wanted to believe at the end of August so that seems unlikely. The club had a fairly strong season again last year, and Rooney was playing much, much better than he ever had before.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Think Rooney would fit into Real Madrid 1st team quite well. It would probably mean Mourinho may have to let Kaka go & make Ozil a sub player.

----------------------------------------------------------------Casillas-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramos---------------------------------Pepe------------------------------Carvalho--------------------------------Arbeloa/Marcelo

Ronaldo-------------------------------Alonso---------------------------Khedira----------------------------------------------Di Maria

------------------------------------------Rooney----------------------------Higuain---------------------------------------------------------

Big Ash Cole should have took a chance to go Madrid as well. Since the left back position @ Madrid isn't really convincing. Two top ENG players @ Madrid would have been beautiful. But just Wazza will be fine.
:laugh: Yeah, because Rooney is so much better than both of them.

Craig

World Traveller
Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Daniel Agger, Raul Meireles and Lucas are set to be rested for the Europa League tie against Napoli. I'll be backing the Partenopei to win this one, and to do so with ease.

Famous last words etc :ph34r:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: Yeah, because Rooney is so much better than both of them.
SMH.

Only for you would that statement suggest Rooney is "so much better" that both of them.

If he gets back his goal-scoring before his injury last season. He certainly would make them more lethal, than with either of them starting, since Kaka or Ozil wont give Real 25+ goals a season.

End of discussion.