• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alan Sugar on his fears for Mancherter United and Liverpool's debt.

I have to say I agree with him. I really fail to see the logic in buying a football club to try and make money off it. But hey, you become a PLC and you reap what you sow.
"We" had a look at one of the major Premier League clubs within the last 12 months and the best thing that can be said about such an investment is that it's a ridiculously expensive hobby project

The returns on capital are negligible, at best, but it's more likely to be a black hole so unless your brother owns a sea of oil, forget it

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sat at Exeter St Davids with approx a three hour journey home still to come - but well worth the day out - the first time I've seen us win since last May at Rotherham, and we are a massively better side who clearly keep on improving and, probably most importantly of all, do it playing good football. Total football might be stretching it a little, but when your centre back finds himself on the right wing and plants his cross right on your striker's forehead by the penalty spot, losing to Telford seems more distant a memory than ever.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man United are missing Rooney, however poor his current form may be, he is the classiest player in the side like Fabregas for Arsenal.

Scholes is also a class act, but just doesn't have the legs these days. Had an uncharacteristically quiet game today.

Jarquis

An Arsenal win tomorrow would be big. Would mean we'd have practically made amends for last week already.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
An Arsenal win tomorrow would be big. Would mean we'd have practically made amends for last week already.
Me winning the lottery would be good too, but it's only marginally less likely, sadly.

Hope I'm wrong, but our record versus the Chavs is gash of late.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Me winning the lottery would be good too, but it's only marginally less likely, sadly.

Mainly because a girls U8 side would give Drogba a bigger physical challenge than our central defenders. If Arsenal can somehow nullify him, we're in with a good shout.

Jarquis

Yeah, as GF said it's because Drogba pretty much single-handedly pulls pants down against us. Reckon we'd have had a good chance if Vermaelen was fit, Koscielny might be a bit lightweight, but then again he loves a challenge and has been exceptional in recent weeks, the WBA game aside. Squillaci is good in the air as well, so might have a chance their.
I'm just worried about Flapianski, and whether Cesc can play any part at all.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
"We" had a look at one of the major Premier League clubs within the last 12 months and the best thing that can be said about such an investment is that it's a ridiculously expensive hobby project

The returns on capital are negligible, at best, but it's more likely to be a black hole so unless your brother owns a sea of oil, forget it
Actually united cost Glazers Approximately 800 million pounds.

And if you look at the accounts of manchester United even not including player transfers ,it is making Profits of nearly 80 million pounds per year, which with Ticket price rise ,more sponsorship and new TV deal could go to about 100 million pounds without the conservative accounting.
And don't forget the goodwill the brand brings.

And at the same time the value of the club has increased to 1.3/1.4 billion according to Forbes.

Had it not been for the High interest rate Debt ,it is a fantastic acquisition by the Glazers. But not having their own money ,and relying on debt has cost them in the long run.

social

Actually united cost Glazers Approximately 800 million pounds.

And if you look at the accounts of manchester United even not including player transfers ,it is making Profits of nearly 80 million pounds per year, which with Ticket price rise ,more sponsorship and new TV deal could go to about 100 million pounds without the conservative accounting.
And don't forget the goodwill the brand brings.

And at the same time the value of the club has increased to 1.3/1.4 billion according to Forbes.

Had it not been for the High interest rate Debt ,it is a fantastic acquisition by the Glazers. But not having their own money ,and relying on debt has cost them in the long run.
Compare that to the deal the owner of Man City did with Barclays

Zero equity as transaction was fully secured by a range of assets

13% preferred interest payment as against interest rate of 8% producing positive returns in tens of millions of pounds

Sold out in a matter of months for a profit of 2.3 BILLION quid

Football clubs are not great investments no matter who they are

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I'd just like to point out that Nigel de Jong's tackle was fantastic. It's unlucky that he broke his leg, but **** happens.