Page 113 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 6221

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Not sure what makes him over-rated. But Cole should always be in an ENG squad, especially when you consider SWP is there & Carrick has been picked without playing @ all for United this season. Poor from Capello.
    Not as poor as Joe Cole's form, he's not exactly set Anfield alight, infact he's been a shocker, and getting in trouble off the pitch, perhaps possibly best not picked this time (and I'm a big fan of his)

Carroll should've been in IMO, as A) he's one for the future and B) he's not Carlton Cole (Cole had his moment in the sun 18 months ago, when he did look pretty damn good, its just not happened since)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Not as poor as Joe Cole's form, he's not exactly set Anfield alight, infact he's been a shocker, and getting in trouble off the pitch, perhaps possibly best not picked this time (and I'm a big fan of his)

Carroll should've been in IMO, as A) he's one for the future and B) he's not Carlton Cole (Cole had his moment in the sun 18 months ago, when he did look pretty damn good, its just not happened since)
    Cole barely played one-game in new position @ Anfield, cant judge anything based on that. While he has a decent end of last season with Chelsea. Cole needs a manager to believe in his ability & he will play well - Capello for ENG & Ancelotti since that start of 2010 hasn't been doing that.

Carrick has been crap since the 08/09 CL final vs Barca. He should have been doing the role Scholes is doing now for United - but has regressed. He shouldn't have gone to WC - but lack of better options, made Capello reluctantly pick him.

cpr
    I wasnt saying Carrick should be in ahead of Cole, Carrick shouldn't be in either.

Coles barely had one game because he got himself sent off, and even since then hasn't exactly performed. Let him bed in at Liverpool, then bring him back into England.

I agree with the principle of leaving him out, if Capello blooded some fresher faces in his place, alass is short sh*te phillips

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Hate how he is treating J Cole.
    Ineffective, light-weight and work-shy. Terry's not there anymore to try and pick the team, so he's not really needed.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Ineffective, light-weight and work-shy. Terry's not there anymore to try and pick the team, so he's not really needed.
    Work-shy, really? Someone that's never seen Joe Cole live, runs all the time.

With Aussie here gives us something other then we have in the squad, and ABSWP.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Urgh, international week. So depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Yeah, agreed about Abou. Was impressive here and there for us last season, such as the FA Cup game against West Hame, he was running hot then. But his start to this season is even more promising, as you said the discipline he's showing could take him to the next level, cutting out the brain explosions and adding some to consistency to his game could be a big thing. Is crazy he's only 24

I also thought Clichy was at fault, just stood aimlessly at the back post and let Diouf get infront of him into space. Was all too easy.
    Really happy with Abou so far and Song keeps improving too, watched the replay and the work he puts in nowadays is incredible. He's far more confident on the ball now too. Hopefully Denilson takes a leaf out of their books and improves similarly.

Hope Squilacci settles quickly while Koscielny beds in and we've got ourselves a good squad. Praying we pull off a keeper singing though but it looks unlikely.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Why are all the matches on Friday this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

So....deadline day......can't see anything interesting happening unfortunately....

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Any one have idea about games being shown live in India... if so which channel???
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    So....deadline day......can't see anything interesting happening unfortunately....
    Ind33d, seems pretty lacklustre.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Might see Schwarzer sign for Arsenal I suppose, but even that seems a bit unlikely. It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on that front.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    Any one have idea about games being shown live in India... if so which channel???
    I remember some WC qualifiers last year being shown on Sony/Set MAX, not sure if they're still showing international football.

If Fulham need a replacement so badly then why not loan them Fabianski or Almunia for a season. Seriously.

Thread Information