• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cpr

International Coach
Need a replacement for Scholes as well.

Desperately. Problem is, of our old guard, Scholes is the hardest to replace because of what he brings to the game. Flying wingers and hard hitting full backs are found everywhere, but to get someone even near to his passing vision and ability is going to be nigh on impossible

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't see Bremen selling for anything other than a big fee. Sold Diego to bring him through.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Caicedo, Jo, Robinho(?)
Caicedo spent last season on loan and is as good as gone, Jo already is gone afaik, and Robinho is interesting, IMO another loan to Santos is likely. In any case, at best 1 will still be a City player come season start and he'll never play. Clutching at straws.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Caicedo spent last season on loan and is as good as gone, Jo already is gone afaik, and Robinho is interesting, IMO another loan to Santos is likely. In any case, at best 1 will still be a City player come season start and he'll never play. Clutching at straws.
Hey, it wasn't my inital point and I don't really agree with it. I made that point to you on CricSim in August last year and you explained to me what the deal was. Even called Sturridge leaving IIRC. But whatever may happen, you have 7 strikers on your books at ther moment.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Where on earth do you get 8 from?

And I see Kris Boyd clearly going for a gradual step up in quality of league rather than show himself up by going to the Premier league...
Considering the amount of games played last season compared to all the City strikers I have down Berbatov, Rooney, Owen, Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda and Diouf.
Haha Rose, where the **** do you get 8 from? We've got Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov and Owen, so thats 3.5 at best. Can see us getting shot of Dimi if we get a decent offer, Owen will be offski too.

Hernandez is unproven, and probably one for a season or two (him and Macheda, who's still not really ready for the big stage. Owen is injury prone and will probably look for more regular football elsewhere now he's at least 1 further down the pecking order. Berbatovs a luxury, and whilst he's nice to have, he's not consistent enough and doesnt play well enough with Rooney to base an attack around. We need 3 top strikers, and Berbatov should be the 3rd..... Then a few youngsters to cover for injuries..... Either way one injury and we dont want to have to fall back on kids
Hard to see us offloading Owen considering he's going to be coming off an injury and he did well when called upon. Hernandez's fee suggests he's going to be a first teamer. Welbeck out on loan as well as Diouf. Maybe Macheda. Berbatov only going if there's a decent offer for him.

Last edited:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Benjani was one as well.