• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rangers look an avearge side at best, but thought the XI a wee bit disrespectful still.
Yeah same. Five at the back for Rangers, we need all the firepower we can get.

Park's looking particularly turd, always felt his footballing ability was a bit underrated because everyone focuses on how much he runs around but so far this season he's been positively awful.

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, listening to the match on the radio... sounds like thats Valencia out for a few months.......

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why has Sky's coverage turned all homosexual all of a sudden?

This is a return to our 2007/08 European form, I'd kill for Barry Ferguson to be patrolling our midfield right about now.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently an innocuous challenge, I'm hearing a broken leg, looked above the ankle apparently?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was it due to a malicious challenge?
No, Broadfoot slid in, won the ball and knocked it out for a throw in.

One of the reasons I want to see it again, I can't believe that a challenge that looked so innocous has led to Valencia being stretchered off with a suspected leg break.

Uppercut

Why has Sky's coverage turned all homosexual all of a sudden?

This is a return to our 2007/08 European form, I'd kill for Barry Ferguson to be patrolling our midfield right about now.
Was talking with my Dad about Scottish football's decline the other day, there's no one anywhere near Ferguson's quality left up there. The thought of a player as good as Henrik Larsson playing in Scotland now seems utterly absurd.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was talking with my Dad about Scottish football's decline the other day, there's no one anywhere near Ferguson's quality left up there. The thought of a player as good as Henrik Larsson playing in Scotland now seems utterly absurd.
It's funny how much things have changed in my lifetime watching Rangers. Gone are the days of signing Paul Gascoigne, or convincing the likes of Lorenzo Amoruso that Rangers were a better career move than Manchester United.

It's down to wages. Back in the mid 90s, I can remember the amazement that Middlesborough were forking out £40,000 a week for Fabrizio Ravanelli. I think we were paying Gascoigne about £18,000 a week at the time, which was extremely competitive. IIRC during O'Neill's glory years, I think Celtic's wage bill was 5th or 6th highest in the UK. Now, we can just about afford to pay guys £18,000 a week, which would be a pittance for even an average Premiership footballer.

Uppercut

Rangers should have had a penalty a few minutes back. Never going to see something like that given, especially not for the away side. Definite penalty though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I though it looked like his right leg was being jerked back by an invisible hand. Like if somebody grabs the back of your shirt and you run away from them and then jerk back, if they let go, you tumble forward, but if they hold on you fall back. (Making sense?)
I reckon he's gone to tumble forward, but because his left leg is caught, it jerks him back and the pressure means his leg/ankle gives way.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I though it looked like his right leg was being jerked back by an invisible hand. Like if somebody grabs the back of your shirt and you run away from them and then jerk back, if they let go, you tumble forward, but if they hold on you fall back. (Making sense?)
I reckon he's gone to tumble forward, but because his left leg is caught, it jerks him back and the pressure means his leg/ankle gives way.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about the "stamping" motion, couldn't think of a better way to describe it.

edit: 0-0, great result. Not a game for the purists, for all their superiority Man Utd didn't exactly trouble us.

Last edited: