View Poll Results: Whatcha think about him?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • WAG

22 75.86%
  • WAC

4 13.79%
  • indifferent

1 3.45%
  • Dolphin are just gay sharks

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho

José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho

Okay, a man that definitely polarises opinion.

Charismatic genius, or narcissistic idjit.

Or both perhaps, I though his celebration was a joke tonight, just playing for the cameras IMHO.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Love Mourinho.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    AWTA, WAG. Love him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Serious god complex and his teams play some plop football, but one can't help have grudging respect for the way he somehow manages to walk it like he talks it.

A Brain Clough for the 21st century with better suits and worse football IMHO.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Serious god complex and his teams play some plop football, but one can't help have grudging respect for the way he somehow manages to walk it like he talks it.

A Brain Clough for the 21st century with better suits and worse football IMHO.
    Nah disagree, in fact get very irritated by this being reiterated. Clough told his players not to argue with refs, and try to play football in the right way.He was also very gracious in defeat.

Both Charismatic, that's where it ends really.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    ****. Obviously. That's what people like isn't it?
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Nah disagree, in fact get very irritated by this being reiterated. Clough told his players not to argue with refs, and try to play football in the right way.He was also very gracious in defeat.

Both Charismatic, that's where it ends really.
    From different ends of the tactical spectrum, obv, but both handsome egotists with a talent for the mot juste.

Don't really enjoy watching his teams, but the Prem's a less colourful place without him.

From different ends of the tactical spectrum, obv, but both handsome egotists with a talent for the mot juste.

Don't really enjoy watching his teams, but the Prem's a less colourful place without him.
    Well he's better looking then Clough, and less of a drunk, obviously. Of course the other thing they have in common is the ego, which they'd be well-matched in I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Well he's better looking then Clough, and less of a drunk, obviously. Of course the other thing they have in common is the ego, which they'd be well-matched in I guess.
    Maybe, but the younger Clough was pretty dashing, tbf:

A man for whom a treble was not so much an ambition as a breakfast.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I think he's brilliant. If he was a fictional character he'd be universally adored.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Yeah love him as well.

As for the Clough thing, I am looking forward to watching the film in 30 years time about his doomed 44 day spell in charge of Barcelona.

vcs
    Voted "WAC", assuming "C" stands for what I'm thinking of. Hate the narcissistic, ugly-football-playing bastard. Comes from the Benitez school of "tactical genius" which is just another way of saying "nick a goal or two on the counter and defend for your lives with 11 men for the rest of the game".
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

vcs
    Can't put together a decent team without an unlimited cheque-book, can't bring through a player from the youth system, and gets a bunch of superstars to play like Greece in Euro 2004. I hate his general footballing philosophy. Yeah, tactical genius. He can coach 11 men to defend brilliantly, I'll give him that.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Can't put together a decent team without an unlimited cheque-book, can't bring through a player from the youth system, and gets a bunch of superstars to play like Greece in Euro 2004. I hate his general footballing philosophy. Yeah, tactical genius. He can coach 11 men to defend brilliantly, I'll give him that.
    Not quite true; won both the Wafer Cup in 2003 & (much more impressively) Champions League in 2004 with Porto; only team since Ajax in 95 to win it from outside of the big four leagues. Not exactly paupers, but not in the Real/Man U league either.

vcs
    Not quite true; won both the Wafer Cup in 2003 & (much more impressively) Champions League in 2004 with Porto; only team since Ajax in 95 to win it from outside of the big four leagues. Not exactly paupers, but not in the Real/Man U league either.
    Yeah, he did do well with Porto, to be fair. I guess I just can't stand him, his insistence on two defensive midfielders, and the way he gets his teams to dive around. Not to mention the tapping up of Ashley Cole, the moaning, the "Special One" rubbish, and his legion of fanboys in the press.

And I HATE the way the press makes it as though it's always about him, win, lose or draw. I'd prefer the spotlight to be on the footballers, not the manager. Apparently, it's a "tactical masterclass" when he gets his side to defend with ten men, but would he have accepted defeat with grace if he had lost in a similar manner? No, he would have accused the other side of "parking the bus".
    Last edited by vcs; 29-04-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information