• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Booo...at least keep the name the same?

Anyway should be a very interesting game on the weekend. Dees yet to win outside the G under Bailey but in great form, wouldn't say we are in good form but we showed decent intensity against the Hawks.

Some interesting match ups as well, might get to see Zeibell and Scully/Trengove match up with Bastinac on the other, think we match up pretty well on them, be interesting to see who takes Boomer

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dunn probably line up on Harvey, he's been doing some tagging this year hasn't he?

Haven't actually managed to get to see a Demons game this year, too many of them on Foxtel and haven't been able to get to the pub over the past couple of weeks. :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Essendon losing Pears and Reimers.

Knights getting pretty sensitive over criticism!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Dunn probably line up on Harvey, he's been doing some tagging this year hasn't he?

Haven't actually managed to get to see a Demons game this year, too many of them on Foxtel and haven't been able to get to the pub over the past couple of weeks. :(
Yeah Dunn has tagged him in the past, not sure how effective he has been though I think Harvey has 3 BOG in the past 2 seasons against the Dees, certainly remember Dunn having a nightmare on him the first time we played them in 08.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
The longevity of this thread will see a mountain of victories to the Hawthorn FC, aswell as premierships. During this period Buddy Franklin & Cyril Rioli will go down as the two greatest AFL players of alltime and Nathan Buckley will lead the Collingwood FC to numerous wooden spoons. Bank on it.

PS: North Melbourne will also become extinct in this period. :ph34r:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Essendon losing Pears and Reimers.

Knights getting pretty sensitive over criticism!
Fearing for his job.....

As to the question earlier about his future, I actually thought he was doing a decent job earlier on and he promissed to build our attacking game and then work defensively but our gameplan/style hasn't been tinkered with at all and it quite frankly sucks at the moment. Run,run, run is ok when your team is on top but when the opposition has all the momentum why just give it straight back? Thats exactly what we did Sunday, i was yelling so hard just to slow it ****ing down when we had any control over the ball but still we continued to make stupid decisions and play on at all costs which the better teams in the comp won't allow you to succeed at.

Craig

World Traveller
The longevity of this thread will see a mountain of victories to the Hawthorn FC, aswell as premierships. During this period Buddy Franklin & Cyril Rioli will go down as the two greatest AFL players of alltime and Nathan Buckley will lead the Collingwood FC to numerous wooden spoons. Bank on it.

PS: North Melbourne will also become extinct in this period. :ph34r:
I have been to some of their NAB Cup and league games in the past on the Gold Coast, and my God some of their fans were feral. Not sure on how many missing teeth were there. Not as if we have enough ferals up here. Stay in Victoria :@

And I have to agree with howardj, in that my appreciation for the game has increased massively.

Matt79

Global Moderator
During the longevity of this thread, Ben to achieve continence.

Knights must be hurting a bit. He definitely came to the job with a clear philosophy of how he wanted his team to play, and they've given it a good crack. Would be hard to make the call that either the philosophy is wrong, or that you simply don't have the cattle to execute it.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must admit, I haven't seen all of Essendon's games this year, but the couple I have, their execution of the game plan has raped them.

They're obviously hell bent on the handball at all cost game, and that's fair enough if you do it properly, not just handball for the sake of it. When the plan works, bodies have to be in motion, if you handball to a flat footed team mate it breaks down, simple as that. We saw it on Monday with Geelong where the pressure from Carlton broke their handballing game down (same thing happened in their infamous big loss to Collingwood a couple of years back).

I think they just need to make better decisions and be prepared to run and carry, not just handball and stay there.