• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jonathon Brown tearing some of these North players an absolute bollocking ahead of this game. Fmd they just showed a clip of him on Fox tearing them a new one.

Burgey

Gonna be devvo'es if Richmond beat Sydbey this week. Don't think swans have beaten them for two or three years.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think they could have afforded to keep Harvey. The rest of them make sense - Dal maybe a bit stiff, but they need to get more midfield time into their draft picks. North have actually taken their first three draft picks every year before last season, they need to get time into them or end up losing a generation a la St Kilda's draftees in the Ross Lyon era.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah we should have given Harvey a new deal but the other 3 are the right decision. Potentially big drop for us next year unless we have a lot more luck with injuries and get an easier draw.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harvey decision coming days after he almost single handedly won them the game vs. Swans as well. Wrong call. And poorly handled too, having Scott announce it rather than Boomer himself (I get he wanted to go on but still).

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
Disappointing way for Boomer to bow out and it's a shame he can't play on until 40! Can't think of a club that would recruit him though as I'm not sure he will be the icing on the cake of a premiership 22. The expansion teams are beyond the phase of looking for mature player/coaches now I think.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
GWS would have been right for him a year ago. But not with Stevie J there now. He also plays a bit higher than SJ, more in line with Toby Greene's role.

Think all the best options are probably interstate, if he'd want to pack up for only a year I'd be surprised.

Spikey

gonna be so pissed if NDS and Harvey don't end up somewhere. it'd be classic, dumb afl thinking from the clubs. the victorian clubs currently sucking kinda hurts it, but man, they can still go

obviously harvey's heart may not be into playing elsewhere, but NDS shouldnt have that issue