• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Funnily enough, such a big fine over the umpires almost highlights the difference in treatment when there was no real punishment handed out.

Sometimes I feel like this should be the club's spot to discipline their own when it doesn't involve an AFL employee. Why should it be left to the AFL to discipline McGuire, Frawley and Brayshaw when they are club employees/servants.

Redbacks

International Captain
I guess clubs just have the incentive to just wait out an issue like this as it was poor behaviour but minor enough to blow over in a few weeks. Whereas the resulting longer term damage is to the AFL brand, not their club.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pies come out confirming Eddie is safe, notwithstanding Holden threatening to reconsider their sponsorship

Redbacks

International Captain
The Pies are the highest valued sporting brand in Aus so they could get a replacement.

I thought it was Holden seeking an exit clause as they are cooked in Australia once the plant closes in Adelaide.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They only signed the contract six months ago, they were already closing everything up at that stage. It's only just been renamed from the Westpac Centre to the Holden Centre.

Redbacks

International Captain
The saints have turned around a woeful performance against the Crows to beat top. I guess we can't let them off the hook for a lack of talent anymore, they should be competing week in week out for the rest of the year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** you Richmond. Cotchin getting towelled up by Kane Mitchell and losing the tackle count by so much is the final straw

Redbacks

International Captain
Tigers are 18th for tackles iirc. You do keep possession longer when your game style is up and running was D King's theory, but it did seem last night that lack of pressure at the half forward line allowed the Power to rebound too often and too easily.

Where are the Tigers at? Time to dip and let some older players go probably, aim for finals in 2018.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We were 18th for tackles last year too, and ended up 5th at the end of the home & away season . That's the problem. Didn't fix it up because they clearly didn't think it was that much of an issue.

Vickery and Hunt need to go, Maric is cooked, Griffiths is a tease and there's a bunch of other ****s as well. Plus Cotchin needs to learn to stop wrestling his taggers, and his teammates need to stop being soft ****s and help him out.

Same **** different year. Probs need a change of coach but I cbf

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Great game.

If Richmond want to re-stock, it's the midfield that's the issue. Deledio on the table, get yourself two or three picks inside the top 20 and bring in talent.

Brett won't be there when you win the next flag, looking at getting one with Jack & Trent at 28-31.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Any chance of a replay of a soft Hawks free? Nah...

What about the shove under the ball when shepherding the ball through on the Breust goal? Nah...

EDIT: that Hartlett free kick just after the Hodge non-handball. I think I'll just be updating this post with my anger at the umps all night the way this is going.

EDIT: Gibson is standing over the footy, while someone else is on the mark, preventing Dixon from fetching it after he was paid the mark. Forget the 10m rule, he's literally shepherding the player away from his own ball!

EDIT: Now, the Westhoff mark not paid then free kick for abuse, and Howe getting a too high when he ducked into it and threw it!

Rioli putting his hands on the shoulders, and all they do is whinge about the mark not being paid. And the McEvoy ruck infringement. Geepers.

Last edited: