• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy - AFL.com.au

Even if this is true, how the **** do you repeat it in public?

"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.
"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part.
...Shaun Grigg, Bachar Houli, Ivan Maric, Troy Chaplin, Chris Knights, Aaron Edwards, Ricky Petterd, Orren Stephenson and Sam Lonergan. Over the next three years, they added Shaun Hampson, Nathan Gordon, Sam Lloyd, Todd Banfield, Matt Thomas, Anthony Miles, Taylor Hunt, Andrew Moore, Kane Lambert, Jacob Townsend and Chris Yarran

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
They wouldn't take them to the next level - they were relying on Conca, Ellis, Lennon, Vickery and Vlaustin to do that. Unfortunately hasn't helped.

The overpayment for Hampson was ridiculous as well. A lot of those other guys were rookie listed.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah but whether it worked or not, whether it is to blame or not, coming out after round 6 with this talk is dumb. Save it for round 15 or whatever.

Administration, coaches, footy dept and comms team since round 3 loss to Adelaide has been horrendous. Just calm the f down. You can't flip from "Yarran is cream on the top" to "we stink, but we had to go down this route" in 6 weeks is crazy.

Redbacks

International Captain
A couple bad results and injuries can derail any season. I guess it has just exposed the depth of the list to the point that it's now time to rethink where the club is at. Think how good GWS will be next 2 years and I get the sense the Tigers, like heaps of other teams, won't be at the same level. Time to give the youth a go.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder how the Kerr conversation was recorded without his permission? Unless the cops did it, it's illegal

howardj

International Coach
Heart has been ripped out of my season with: Freo winless, Fyfey down, Qld footy on the nose, and Eddie still broadcasting. Swans v North on 1 October am tipping

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've been thinking this for a few weeks now - does anyone think Hinkley is getting a free ride? He may be coming under some pressure now in Adelaide, but honestly he's closing in on a year and a half of just utter **** performances from a team that was a kick away from a Grand Final in 2014. And I get that he's lost Ryder and Monfries due to Essendope saga but still...

Like if you're going to get all the plaudits during 2013 and 2014 (and those two years were spent by the AFL media lauding how great Hinkley is for turning around Primus' ****fest of a coaching run) you have to cop it when you're playing a game plan that looks mediocre, and your team's skills have fallen away completely.