• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i feel like he's done that before

im sure people will say it was soft or whatever, but given jack's head was so close to the ground...

Spikey

if alex rance lived in the USA, he would be a super religious doomsday prepper who owns over a hundred guns. what a dick.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ruined a good post there, I was happy with myself with that one.

Anyway we'll lose Rance for a few weeks and this will turn into a really ugly season now. Sucks.

Spikey

been trying to think of Rance's other dog act all night. Vic deliveries.

Rance running around like one of those thugs in a **** reserves side towards the end.
he was carrying on like an idiot at the end of the Port EF thrashing

ps

Oh **** of Rance.

I'm sick of his ****. Goes hard at it and is a good bloke but he's dumb as dog **** and I'm sick of it.

Spikey

at least with jake king he looked like a dumb ****. alex seems like a nice boy except he's a ****

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
How thin is Hardwicks ice?

Folks seem to be giving them grief comparing them to Melbourne but really shouldn't they be comparing them to North? It wasn't so long ago people were saying Richmond had a better list than North, is it just poor recruitment, poor coaching or poor development?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
its pretty thin.

The question is, would it be thinner had they not re-signed him? If not, then this whole idea of clubs re-signing their coaches to take the acid off their coach and remove media scrutiny during the year is a failure. It was already dumb, letting the media dictate when you re-sign your coach, but this is just proof that it is not only dumb, but it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes North is a way better comparison. The Melb comparisons were happening in 2011, but they stopped when the clubs went through completely different paths.

North and Richmond have had the exact same path - long term coach rebuilding and making finals.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Amazing that the game ended up becoming watchable after the second quarter was some of the worst footy ever.