• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Dropping Cotchin as captain because isn't as good a captain as Hodge is like dropping Warner because he's not as good as Lara.

Hodge is an ATG captain with two Norm Smiths. Its a friggin high bar.
Wasn't my point. Cotchin doesn't do those things that great captains do. Doesn't lift when he has to. Doesn't seem to lift the others around him and bring them into the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon he does. Win vs Sydney at SCG last year is an example.

He's not the best captain but I reckon he is our best choice.

Red

Maybe so.

I'd have Deledio over him and Maric if Maric was a few years younger and fitter.

One thing I wish we'd done in the last few years is recruit someone from a successful club with leadership skills. Maybe Chapman or Stevey J from the Cats.

Red

My diagnosis... Bad captaincy!

Is this directed at me? Dunno if it is.

Anyway, we are lacking in leadership through the whole club, in the coaching dept and on the field. You can see it when a contest gets tight. If we don't blow a team away early, we struggle late in the game.

Redbacks

International Captain
With this start to the year the tigers are now unlikely to finish top 4 but will still probably make the finals. They need to jag a win against the Hawks or Swans to get back on track and hope to hit 5-5 by round 10.

The Saints are looking a much better team this year, might be just outside the 8. Imagine if they had Carlisle...

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
all you good players are a year older and closer to being finished and having to rebuild
all the kids are one year more experienced though.

Dimma needs to chill and stop making excuses. Just say its early. Don't wahhh about lost experience

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every time I want to watch this sport I'm reminded my channel 7 reception is aids and the Lions and Suns are to AFL what Helen Keller was to AFL.