• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not rubbish, just struggling.

The way the Saints have been playing doesn't suit his game, no doubt about it. Could be some juicy, juicy trade bait, dare I say. Can't see them getting rid of him though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reckon Carlton would look good with Kosi up forward, and let them play Waite down back where he's more consistent.

Craig

World Traveller
I think just as well I'm not going to Brisbane v Geelong on Saturday night. With the form Geelong is showing, and Brisbane missing a lot of their good players, it might be a one sided affair.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hearing rumours that Adelaide are in negotiations with Stephen Paxman to get him out of retirement.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Looking to replace the loss of McLeod with youth. Currently sounding out whether Simon Tregenza, Chris McDermott or Matthew Liptak are available.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just saw the repeat of On The Couch, and the Ben Cousins interview.

Love that guy so much, best footy interview I have ever seen, dead set.

Fantastic questions from the panel as well

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Just saw the repeat of On The Couch, and the Ben Cousins interview.

Love that guy so much, best footy interview I have ever seen, dead set.

Fantastic questions from the panel as well
Mike Sheahan is a ****.

He wouldn't be offended if he heard that though, because that's the persona he sells himself on. He wouldn't have a job if he didn't get people's blood boiling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cuz was awesome though!

Thought Taylor and Healy's questions were good, and Sheehan asked what people wanted to be asked to be fair to him.

Man I just wish I got more than one ****ing game of Cousins and Richo in the same team.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Cuz was awesome though!

Thought Taylor and Healy's questions were good, and Sheehan asked what people wanted to be asked to be fair to him.

Man I just wish I got more than one ****ing game of Cousins and Richo in the same team.

I thought it was a bit interesting the way he dodged the question about whether he would've tested positive after the infamous shaved head incident, saying, "Not with the hair I had, no."

Now, I'm a shameless Cousins apologist and I know that could mean any number of things, but I'm surprised the usual suspects haven't jumped all over him for leaving the door open like that.

I agree though, his candour is impressive considering the way the media treats him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally think he was hinting at information about that coming out at a later date, i.e. he may not be allowed to talk about that whilst at Richmond.

I'm sure when he's retired and his biography/documentary video comes out we'll see a lot more of what actually happened in 2008.

howardj

International Coach
I really fear for Cousins once his career finishes (likely at the end of this season) and he doesn't have the structure and discipline of being an AFL player. I hope I am wrong, but I think his life could mirror Wayne Carey's in the few years immediately after he finished playing - drugs, alcohol and a total disregard for his own safety. Carey said in his book how lost he felt when he retired. It seems to be that the best way of staying off it is to have a sense of purpose in your life, have some goals, have something to pour your energies into. Otherwise, idle hands are the devil's tools. Right now, he has AFL. But once that's gone...who knows.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think that he'll be employed by the Players Association in some capacity, plus some sort of coaching role. I think the AFL understands that something like that happening to Cousins would be detrimental, and they'll try and keep him under their wing to provide any help that he needs.