• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jab Watson should have some ****ing honour and give it up rather than make them have to strip it. But then again he's part of a group of players who openly lied to asada

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i mean people will talk about Sharks v Bombers and NRL v AFL, but the main difference, the fundamental difference really, is that once Little took over from Evans, after it seemed people within Essendon disagreed with the approach Evans was taking, barely a press conference/statement went by where Little didn't say 'no prohibited substances were administered'. He did it in the first one and he was doing it to the end. And that statement essentially meant the players were never ever gonna take a deal like the Shark players did. Which is of course ironic, they got into this mess because they trusted the club, and their ability to cut a deal to save their neck was comprised because of that trust in the club again.

Spikey

also this whole Thymosin thing remains a bigger worry than aod
****ing nailed it innit

edit

Martin Blake ‏@martinj_blake 9m
@GerardWhateley says ASADA advised those who inquired in 2012 that AOD peptide was NOT prrohibited.

Martin Blake ‏@martinj_blake 7m
@GerardWhateley says ASADA official believed almost impossible to sustain a prosecution in those circumstances.

I'm not sure if Whateley has later discussed this, but the sketchy language used in relation to a 'thymosin' substance remains a concern. (some types of thymosin is allowed, but supposedly players were never made clear what thymosin they were taking, which is obviously a worry)

Spikey

Hamilton getting the biggest part of the blame is funny given it was speculated, I think confirmed in the Ziggy report, that Hird essentially sidelined Hamilton and acted like Corcoran was in Hamilton's role

(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kochie absolutely owned Rohan on radio. Bloke for some reason doesn't keep his head when he discusses Essnendope. He's not flat out crazy biased but he's far too forgiving while pretending that he's not being biased.

Spikey

i mean people will talk about Sharks v Bombers and NRL v AFL, but the main difference, the fundamental difference really, is that once Little took over from Evans, after it seemed people within Essendon disagreed with the approach Evans was taking, barely a press conference/statement went by where Little didn't say 'no prohibited substances were administered'. He did it in the first one and he was doing it to the end. And that statement essentially meant the players were never ever gonna take a deal like the Shark players did. Which is of course ironic, they got into this mess because they trusted the club, and their ability to cut a deal to save their neck was comprised because of that trust in the club again.
jake did a nice piece on this sort of topic: Essendon CAS verdict: Solidarity brought the Dons' house down

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh boy, that interview. Started off a treat when Hird denied the injection regime was experimental and pharmaceutical in nature. Onya Hirdy

Spikey

it absolutely blows that guys like NLM and Slattery, and Slats didnt even get injected but signed the form, are prevented from coaching. i don't care so much about the guys still on an AFL list, but the impact this will have on guys in state leagues and country leagues sucks, and the club better compensate them justly

Spikey

Crowley has been training with Swan Districts after spending the entire 2015 season on the sidelines.

“It’s amazing how good your body can feel,” he said.

“I wouldn’t recommend having a year off, but it’s amazing how good your body can feel.”
lol

Redbacks

International Captain
It's a good signing. He'll fit right in with the culture at Essendon :D and now when the Hawks win by 150, Hodge, Cyril, Lewis and Co will have 30+ each but Mitchell will only get 15.