• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah fair call.

Goddard is a **** leader btw. Needs to stop pretending like he's a good example to other players.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Essendon would be insane if they didn't try to trade Goddard at seasons end

instead they will extend Hird's contract

Redbacks

International Captain
Hird surely has to go now. Forget the bungled saga, the club has on field footy reasons to do it and should take the chance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Eagles ability to cover injuries all year has been impressive. Hawks and WCE look the best two sides.
Reckon a few of the Freo mids were exposed on Sunday. Neale and Barlow (who looks so slow) have a bit of frontrunner about them right now.

Spikey

The timing of things plays into Hird's hands. Go toe to toe with the Grand Finalists, team than collapses after WADA steps in. He should go, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he stayed.

Spikey

oh and it would be absolutely pathetic if for the first time since April 2010 Essendon actually cared about spending money

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robbo's defence of Hird vs. Whateley seemed pathetic and biased.... and then Gerard Healy seemed to think sacking Hird was not right as well. Baffling

Spikey

I mean, there's always the people who say "you can't just sack the coach. the players have to take responsibility for their lack of effort" and that crap, and given how easily WADA can be blamed instead, there's gonna be Hird defenders. I think though it can be made as simple as: there's no way Hird can go into next season with his contract running out, so do you sack him or extend him. and....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
agree with you re: timing. the amount of people that have references the almost Sydney win and the Hawthorn win in the first 2 rounds as to what essendope can do when they don't have ASADA/WADA issues is amazing.

Your list is actually **** though. Need a clean out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I really don't want to play North in an elimination final in the first week.

God damn it we should have beat Freo and be top 4. Ugh.