• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Redbacks

International Captain
Loving every minute of it.*

Hird to surely get rid of bomber if he survives till friday.

*by that I mean the fact that everytime spikey makes a comment, the bombers fans at work have the exact opposite opinion.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and if we go anywhere near ****ing Travis Varcoe.

Just fingers crossed Levi signs up and then trade fortnight can **** off.

Slight lols at Kavanagh wanting to leave *Essendon though after Damir's antics before the draft.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whoever gets that Suns job... man it's like hopping into a ready-made Lamborghini
Not quite

More like being given a Lambo's parts but no instructions as to how to put them together

They have all the potential in the world but questions remain about mental side as the way they capitulated after GAJ's injury was pretty poor

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh and if we go anywhere near ****ing Travis Varcoe.

Just fingers crossed Levi signs up and then trade fortnight can **** off.

Slight lols at Kavanagh wanting to leave *Essendon though after Damir's antics before the draft.
Looks like varcoe is going to the Eagles, because lord knows they don't have enough downhill skiier midfielders.

howardj

International Coach
Brisbane should put a contract in front of James Aish - they tried earlier this year but he was reluctant to sign

If he doesn't sign, I would ship him off to the PIes along with pick 5, in exchange for Beams

Better to trade him a year early, and get something in return than for him to Polec us

Strong feeling, given his ties to SA and the family's achievements in SA football, that he will Polec the Lions at the end of next year

So, while I don't think Beams is worth pick 5 and a future gun, it's different when that future gun will likely bail out anyway

howardj

International Coach
Not quite

More like being given a Lambo's parts but no instructions as to how to put them together

They have all the potential in the world but questions remain about mental side as the way they capitulated after GAJ's injury was pretty poor
Excellent point, and is why McKenna had to go - for being so Ablett dependent

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Terry Wallace creating a list manager footy media persona whilst Franklin was missed for Tambling on his watch (do not care if it falls within the recruiting department, he was still there at the time) is one of the greatest hilarious turnarounds I can think of.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Take a look at their other injuries on top of Ablett though.
Yeah Spida Everitt is on the radio up here and pointed out the same e.g. no fit ruckmen for a large part of the season

Reckon Suns' management has gotten a bit impatient

Need to choose a replacement very carefully as they might **** up a golden opportunity

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it sucks that im losing two of my favourite players when i've been mocking essendon for like a 15 months

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I dunno Vic, Varcoe obviously has its assets but I don't think he's what WC need. Their mids go missing in the crunch, and other than Priddis and to an extent Selwood, rack them up at home when they're playing pissant teams. Not sure Varcoe fixes that issue. Second half vs. Essendope an example where Heppell just cut sick and they had no one else to go with him.

Happy to be proven wrong of course. But I think they needed a Greenwood more than a Varcoe (not that Greenwood was willing to go WC, but just as an example).