• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Round 23 results

SKD 7
Brumby 6
Morgie 6
Howard 7
Jono 4
Burgey 3

Final leaderboard

Morgie 139
Howard 140
SKD 136
Brumby 135
Jono 134
Burgey 125

Congrats to Howard who won on the count of tipping Richmond whereas Morgie tipped Sydney. Morgie had the chance to change his tip from Bulldogs to Giants in the last game to claw one back on Howard and be a joint winner but he didn't do so.

Howard now wins the AFL tipping for the third time in its history. And he's won it in 3 of the last 4 years. Morgie was going for back-to-back tipping wins himself but coudn't get it.

2006 - Alternative
2007 - Hoggy31 (included finals)
2008 - Brumby
2009 - James90
2010 - N/A
2011 - Howardj
2012 - Howardj
2013 - Morgie
2014 - Howardj

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also I went through the old AFL thread to find out the past winners and it was so awesome. Around 2005-2007 this place was buzzing with heaps of posters participating, the good old days. Cameel used to run tipping every year and back in 2005 for some reason Cameel would also post the full final scores of all the matches :laugh:

Good times.

howardj

International Coach
Round 23 results

SKD 7
Brumby 6
Morgie 6
Howard 7
Jono 4
Burgey 3

Final leaderboard

Morgie 139
Howard 140
SKD 136
Brumby 135
Jono 134
Burgey 125

Congrats to Howard who won on the count of tipping Richmond whereas Morgie tipped Sydney. Morgie had the chance to change his tip from Bulldogs to Giants in the last game to claw one back on Howard and be a joint winner but he didn't do so.

Howard now wins the AFL tipping for the third time in its history. And he's won it in 3 of the last 4 years. Morgie was going for back-to-back tipping wins himself but coudn't get it.

2006 - Alternative
2007 - Hoggy31 (included finals)
2008 - Brumby
2009 - James90
2010 - N/A
2011 - Howardj
2012 - Howardj
2013 - Morgie
2014 - Howardj
Almost mirrors the Lions dynasty

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hate to brag, but I think I might join this next year. On Sportsbet I finished 262nd overall

Total Score: 145 / 198

Redbacks

International Captain
Now that AD is gone, the AFL needs to take a stand and attempt to resolve the issue in a consistent manner.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Heard a bloke today say that the Bombers' constitution insists that they must have a red sash on their jumper; hence they couldn't invert it.

Was that added to the constitution at a later date than its establishment?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Toss up between Bruce Mcavaney and Gordon Bray as to who is the worst commentator in Oz sport

Probably Bray but they are both utter ****

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heading out to see the Swannies this arvo and stinging for it. Should be a cracking game.

Geelong just looked off the Hawthorn pace last night IMO. Hung in there pretty well but looked a clear level below to me.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, we're the fourth/fifth best side in it. We had to burgle that game to be any sniff this year; we won't be heading interstate and winning.