• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Round 13

Carlton vs. Hawthorn (MCG) (N)
Richmond vs. Fremantle (MCG)
Sydney Swans vs. Port Adelaide (SCG)
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS (PS) (T)
Adelaide Crows vs. North Melbourne (AO) (N)
Brisbane Lions vs. GWS GIANTS (G) (N)
Geelong Cats vs. St Kilda (SS)
Collingwood vs. Western Bulldogs (ES)
Essendon vs. Melbourne (MCG) (T)

howardj

International Coach
There's no way out for these Essendon players.

A Federal Court judge has gone through the evidence, and deems that it's sufficient to lay charges.

Therefore, contrary to what Sam Newman said last night, it's not just ASADA that has formed this view.

Spikey

i can understand "you gotta do what you gotta do to avod drug bans" but im pretty sure if I were an Essendon player I'd be sketpical as **** about going down this path, and if I were Monfries, I'd be like "yeah I'll go down this path thanks"

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's no way out for these Essendon players.

A Federal Court judge has gone through the evidence, and deems that it's sufficient to lay charges.

Therefore, contrary to what Sam Newman said last night, it's not just ASADA that has formed this view.
No charges have been laid

It is simply the start of a process where players now have right to make submission as to why they shouldn't be charged

This is just another step in what is shaping up as a massive **** fight

howardj

International Coach
Certainly, I understand that

I just think that show cause wouldn't be done lightly, without a full review of the strength of the evidence

If I were Watson (out injured for the rest of the year anyway, I would seriously consider cooperating in view of these discounts - he could be back playing this time next year...whereas two years out of the game for anyone, and your career is as good as over

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Carlton vs. Hawthorn (MCG) (N)
Richmond vs. Fremantle (MCG)
Sydney Swans vs. Port Adelaide (SCG)
West Coast Eagles vs. Gold Coast SUNS (PS) (T)
Adelaide Crows vs. North Melbourne (AO) (N)
Brisbane Lions vs. GWS GIANTS (G) (N)
Geelong Cats vs. St Kilda (SS)
Collingwood vs. Western Bulldogs (ES)
Essendon vs. Melbourne (MCG) (T)[/QUOTE]

Spikey

The players at Essendon will all go the same route, which will be the route the club wants them to take. I'd be flabbergasted if one player had the courage to go in his own way, legally, while still playing for the club

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A bit of life out of this Swans game at the moment. Port holding them well.

EDIT: Port with all the play, Sydney take it down the other end and score. Out-porting Port.

Last edited:

Burgey

****, we're amazing ATM. That last quarter was awesome from both sides. Was ****ting bricks when Hannabery went off.

Poor old Tom Derryks was exposed today, but they were right not to risk Pyke on a heavy track after a hammy. Missed McGlynn too.

Swans have now won every game since the dropping of 2012 Norm Smith Medallist Ryan O'Keefe.

social

Certainly, I understand that

I just think that show cause wouldn't be done lightly, without a full review of the strength of the evidence

If I were Watson (out injured for the rest of the year anyway, I would seriously consider cooperating in view of these discounts - he could be back playing this time next year...whereas two years out of the game for anyone, and your career is as good as over
Interesting times ahead.

If all the Essendon players cop a plea then the club wont be able to field a team and I cannot imagine that the AFL will want that

Chances are that it will be played out before the courts for a year or 2 and the Bombers will rebuild their list during that time

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
That's what I'm thinking; they'll stretch this out till the cry about "taxpayer funds being wasted" becomes too strong and it dissipates.

social

That's what I'm thinking; they'll stretch this out till the cry about "taxpayer funds being wasted" becomes too strong and it dissipates.
I don't think that will be a problem as the Oz public doesn't like drug cheats, Essendon looks to have lost the PR war and the majority of the bills will be paid by private enterprise (AFL and Essendon) anyway

Reckon the driving force for a resolution will be the sponsors