• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's a myth considering how they've beaten the Cats (a good side) three times in their last four matches tbh. And that one they lost was in reality by just a kick.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
If Riewoldt wants to win a premiership, be remembered as a great CHF etc, he really needs to sort out his set shot kicking. Absolutely nowhere near good enough for an elite forward.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I was at the game tonight. As a doggies fan it was a pretty tough night after half time, had to stick it out to cheer Johno off though.

The Saints were fantastic in the 3rd quarter. Going to need four quarters of that next week one feels. Any word on possible reportings of a couple Saints players?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad luck SBI.

Definition of a premiership 3rd quarter that was.
There was no bad luck about it. The pressure that was so good in the first half was non-existent in the second, and that was always going to end in disaster. I know it sounds bad, but I honestly wonder whether I will ever see this club play in a Grand Final. I've seen five losing prelims and does start to grate.

As it stands we have some pretty obvious things that have to improve if we're ever to become a premiership threat. Even with Cooney in the side we're one or two quality midfielders short. Boyd and Cross are good ball winners but there's not a barn door big enough that they'd be able to hit with any consistency. Ward might develop into the type we need, but his kicking is like Griffen's and really hot and cold. Similar problems in the forward line where, other than Grant and Addison, there is no player capable of crumming or tackling. The ease at which opposition teams run it out of defence against us is mind boggling and really needs to be rectified.

Basically the defence is pretty solid and obviously the strength and the ruck division will be fine once Minson goes, but until the midfield and forward line gets sorted this team won't win a flag. And that isn't even getting started on the obvious mental weakness that's right throughout the team.

I've said it before, I think we're in real trouble of dropping out of the eight next season. Did not beat a really good team all season or even go close, and I just can't see where the improvement will come from unless we jag a couple of gems in the draft.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The grand final is definitely not a foregone conclusion.

The saints play such a tight brand of football, much much tighter than Geelong and Footscray. Their stoppage work is really elite.

Collingwood's major asset is their ability to pressure the opposition into making errors, and they are brilliant at that. However, it becomes more and more marginalised the less flashy a team is.

And definitely do not underestimate the effect the grand final week can have on a team. St Kilda have been there and dealt with it. How Collingwood will deal with it is unknown.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon it is a foregone conclusion. Collingwood have been awesome this year while the Saints have been very off and on. They looked awful under real pressure in the first half last night, and Collingwood will keep that up all game and romp to a win imo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Saints aren't good in the wet though. If it doesn't bucket down they're well in it.

Plus they have Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt.

Craig

World Traveller
I hope Collingwood get up, because it would be more funnier if they did win, rather then the choking line from 'insert season'. So where are you going to move to Gelman?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Failing to see how it would be funnier if they did win. Seeing them fail again would be just magnificent, and most amusing considering how good they've been this season. Their fans would be devastated, which is only a good thing imo.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Failing to see how it would be funnier if they did win. Seeing them fail again would be just magnificent, and most amusing considering how good they've been this season. Their fans would be devastated, which is only a good thing imo.
Clearly you don't get my sense of humour. Why I would it funny if they win, would be Collingwood fans going ape **** that they won, and everybody being devastated that they didn't choke. That's not to say it won't be amusing if they choke once again, but seeing Matt gloat would be priceless.

Last edited: