• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Expected Pies to win easy tonight, but not that easy.

Better get used to it - Pies are gonna win the flag. But **** me if they don't deserve it. Such a quality unit.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can you ban yourself from this thread for the next couple of weeks, ****?

As much as it pains me to say, because he's one of my favourite characters in the league, the game is quickly passing Cameron Ling by. He's still got a place in the team, but his role is becoming more and more marginalised.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
**** off Matt.

The scum were incredible in that first quarter.

It's all up to the Saints now. For Australia. For humanity.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was at the game. Brutal. So many scummy Pies supporters there. One chick's ass crack was showing and she had a black eye. And she yelled at 12 year old Cats fans. Disgusting.

It's time Benchy that you admit Matt was right about Leigh Brown. Man up and do it.

benchmark00

I was at the game. Brutal. So many scummy Pies supporters there. One chick's ass crack was showing and she had a black eye. And she yelled at 12 year old Cats fans. Disgusting.

It's time Benchy that you admit Matt was right about Leigh Brown. Man up and do it.
??

He's serviceable in a good team, **** in any other team. Has been my point all along.

Matt79

Global Moderator

Pics?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's serviceable in a good team, **** in any other team. Has been my point all along.
He wasn't just serviceable tonight IMO (or for a lot of the season). He was very good. I haven't looked at the stats yet, but to me he was one of the 5-8 most important players for the Pies in a crucial game. Was particularly important early.

Some coaches just get the best out of players. Reckon that's what Mick has done with Leigh Brown (sort of like Roos with Ted Richards and Rhyce Shaw).

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hope Luke Ball is fit - the club have said it was a hammy twinge, but hopefully we're foxing and it was cramp.

Him winning the Norm Smith against St Kilda would be the final icing on the cake.

pasag

RTDAS
a) Collingwood should extend Malthouse's contract and tell Buckley to gagf
b) Will be sickening seeing Ablett in Gold Coast colours. What an abomination of a team.
c) Will be there on Friday first hand to boo the Collingwood players in the city.
d) Watching them lose their third GF in 10 years will be so sweet next week
e) EAD Matt

benchmark00

He wasn't just serviceable tonight IMO (or for a lot of the season). He was very good. I haven't looked at the stats yet, but to me he was one of the 5-8 most important players for the Pies in a crucial game. Was particularly important early.

Some coaches just get the best out of players. Reckon that's what Mick has done with Leigh Brown (sort of like Roos with Ted Richards and Rhyce Shaw).
Wow, you're way off the mark here I'm afraid. Brown had good games for North Melbourne as well (I think he kicked 6 or 7 in the first round a couple of seasons back), that doesn't mean he's a good player.

It has nothing to do with the coach getting the best out of a player, it has to do with the team and their structure making players appear to be good. I'm not saying he isn't playing his role in the Collingwood team, it's just that he is suited to the make up of the Collingwood team.

You've used the example of Shaw. Despite having a few really good seasons for Collingwood, the reason why he's seen to be doing better for Sydney is because Collingwood allready have a number of running backs who are better than him (his bro being one), whereas in Sydney Roos gave him the #1 loose man running back role.

Horses for courses.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Soooo keen for the dogs to come from nowhere to beat the saints.
Nah **** that. I agree people are talking about the Saints as if they're already won, which is disrespectful, but the Pies will MAUL the Dogs in the GF.

Lenny Hayes is our only chance of stopping the scum.

Matt79

Global Moderator
a) Collingwood should extend Malthouse's contract and tell Buckley to gagf
b) Will be sickening seeing Ablett in Gold Coast colours. What an abomination of a team.
c) Will be there on Friday first hand to boo the Collingwood players in the city.
d) Watching them lose their third GF in 10 years will be so sweet next week
e) EAD Matt
I'll be the guy in a Collingwood get-up spitting on you from the balcony above. ;)