• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Why are the media and the AFL industry so gloomy about my Lions?

- last year we finished a couple of kicks out of the 8

- 21 of the 22 that started in Round 22 against Geelong (where we lost by just one goal at their home ground) are still at the club

- we have recently re-signed Dan Merrett, Pearce Hanley, Daniel Rich, Matthew Leuenberger, Dayne Zorko, Joel Patfull, Rockliff, Mayes, Redden and Green.
Yeah, think it's been a bit of an over-reaction; but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a step back to go forward this year. Think a lot of players there have some bad habits, good when it was going their way but could be exposed defensively.

Also, you are relying a lot on last year's 22, because of the loss of players underneath.

howardj

International Coach
If Mrs Hird had new revelations, you could sort of understand her doing her interview

But it was just to repeat the same claim we've heard 1000 times, namely that AD passed on restricted information (which, as I understand it, is a serious breach of the law)

My guess is that AD as he says didn't know at the time that Essendon was the club that was about to be investigated, rather he just put two and two together based on the rumours that had been circulating about Essendon's practices in 2011/2012

Thus, he didn't actually pass on restricted information that he had knowledge of, but rather came to the informed conclusion himself

Either way, cop your $1 miillion and shut up until August

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My guess is that AD as he says didn't know at the time that Essendon was the club that was about to be investigated, rather he just put two and two together based on the rumours that had been circulating about Essendon's practices in 2011/2012

Thus, he didn't actually pass on restricted information that he had knowledge of, but rather came to the informed conclusion himself
yeah this is my view and i just assumed everybody's view until the Hird's made a big deal of it in August