• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
Someone was saying a little while back that the GC were really going to struggle next year based on their form in the VFL, but their team is coming together pretty nicely, esp. when you throw in all the high picks they're going to get in the draft. Don't think they'll be any better than mediocre next year, but I don't think they're completely deluding themselves to talk of being a threat in 2014. Especially if they land Ablett. Am assuming Harbrow is going as thus far the rumours have been right each time about Brown, Rischitelli, Bock, and Krakouer. A line up featuring all of those guys, especially Ablett, their promising kids like David Swallow and Zac Smith, whatever Karmichael Hunt turns out to be, plus the top kids in this years draft will actually be reasonable pretty quickly, although I expect them to have a pretty average first half of the season as they'll have a lot of rookies all trying to adjust at once.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Close to 100k people expected at the game. I'd imagine around 60k of them will be Collingwood fans.

Seeing as though we'll have so many of them in the one place we should compromise the 40k Geelong fans and neutrals and blow up the stadium.

Greater good for the greater number etc etc.
Overkill, IMO. Just check IDs against membership lists and obviously colours worn when people head through the gates, and direct the Collingwood fans off to one side for a mass execution. The Geelong fans can watch the game in peace.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone was saying a little while back that the GC were really going to struggle next year based on their form in the VFL, but their team is coming together pretty nicely, esp. when you throw in all the high picks they're going to get in the draft. Don't think they'll be any better than mediocre next year, but I don't think they're completely deluding themselves to talk of being a threat in 2014.
Uhh yeah, but isn't that pretty much the curve that everyone has predicted for them so far? :blink:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Their real problem in the immediate future is going to be depth because it just won't be there at the start. Even if they get Ablett, Harbrow, etc. when one goes down there's no one capable of replacing them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't recall.

Got my tickets to Geel vs. Collingwood today.

So pumped mother ****er!

Neutral finals footy ftw.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Knew the minute I posted that:

a) Benchy would reply with the same ****
b) Matt would reply with 'Joni' in his post.

Pricks.