• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
Cos Andy Maher asked him three times how he's feeling. :dry:
Last week at Pies-Dogs, after the match Maher was standing near the fence near us. I yelled "Maher you're a flog!" and he half looked around. Stand by that comment ftr.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair, I'm not sure what you are meant to ask in that situation. He's been told to go talk to Kirk/Johnson after the match, it is a pretty awkward thing.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Should remark on the retirements of Sean Rusling, and particularly Shane O'Bree. Not only did O'Bree for a season sport the best beard this side of Travis Johnstone's regression to the Wolfman, he was a good, consistent, in-and-under player for the Pies for over 200 games and was a big part in our good seasons early in the decade. The right time for him to go, he's been overtaken by the younger blokes on our list, but will be missed - all those involved with him at the club speak glowingly.

Sean Rusling is a sad case - promised much but could just never get out on the park for any length of time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Should remark on the retirements of Sean Rusling, and particularly Shane O'Bree. Not only did O'Bree for a season sport the best beard this side of Travis Johnstone's regression to the Wolfman, he was a good, consistent, in-and-under player for the Pies for over 200 games and was a big part in our good seasons early in the decade. The right time for him to go, he's been overtaken by the younger blokes on our list, but will be missed - all those involved with him at the club speak glowingly.

Sean Rusling is a sad case - promised much but could just never get out on the park for any length of time.
****'s sake, you didn't see me coming here and posting about Greg Tivendale's retirement did you?

:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was ****ing amazing player in this game:

Could roost the ball 70-80 metres!

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Predictions for All Australian?

Mine:
B: Goddard-Lake-O'Brien
HB: Hodge-Taylor-Enright
C: Pendlebury-Swan-Montagna
HF: Chapman-Hall-Didak
F: Betts-J. Riewoldt-Le Cras
Foll: Sandilands-Judd-Ablett
Int: S. Johnson-Pavlich-Rioli-Green

Jobe Watson and Selwood very unlucky, could easily make a case for his inclusion imo.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, he'd be one that is less secure, but if i was picking the team, I'd rather have him in.

On reflection, Eddie Betts probably merits a guernsey - 40 odd goals in a limited team is a good effort.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, he'd be one that is less secure, but if i was picking the team, I'd rather have him in.

On reflection, Eddie Betts probably merits a guernsey - 40 odd goals in a limited team is a good effort.
Went missing in a couple of games. Really good season but not consistent enough for AA.