• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ross Lyon is the most underrated entertaining/funny guy in the AFL, possibly in the world. Some of his comments are absolute gold.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Like when he was moving around the magnets on the board and the cameras caught him. When he was asked about what genius coaching moves he made as they turned the game, he admitted that he actually didn't do anything, the magnet board fell and so he was putting the magnets back :laugh:

gun

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What? Yes he did.
Round 9, 2013 - Jack Ziebell charged with rough conduct - YouTube

u cant tell me he entered the air to smother the ball. he entered the contest to smother the ball, but by the point he has two feet in the air, he's solely intending to hit the guy who has just kicked the ball. now, dawson might have been in the same mind-set at the end of his contest, just trying to hit the guy, but you can say pretty clearly that he entered the air in the first place solely with the intent to smother the ball, so there's a clear difference to Ziebell's one (that doesn't get him off the hook btw, but it should mean a lower rating if they find him guilty of rough conduct). and that's why it's a hybrid of delaney/ziebell. there's some comparisons to dawson's thing today, but ultimately i don't think it's almost exactly like anything I can recall

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course he was going to smother the ball and went airborn. You can't tell me Ziebell had enough time to think "oh the ball's gone, I'll jump now". He was in the process of getting airborn, he misses and then turns to protect himself from getting front on contact.

They didn't show many replays of the Dawson one, but if he's got him in the head it'll be the same thing.