• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saturday Night Footy ‏@SNF7 25s
Hird - I can't remember in my life a group of people being criticised like we have...

The Jews seething imo

Spikey

"Most remarkable performance I've seen" - Luke Darcy on Hird's press conference. I hate you Luke Darcy.

howardj

International Coach
If a deal like, fine, miss finals & 12 month suspension for Hird went down is that just preliminary sanctions ahead of the final report or what? Can't imagine WADA being happy with that outcome
Any deal would just relate to the governance and bringing the game into disrepute aspects.

WADA/ASADA can then impose separate penalties/suspensions if they find drug infractions.

Certainly the AFL can't offer immunity over the drug aspect

Burgey

Jude Bolton will announce his retirement this arvo at 2pm.

He's been an absolute legend at the Swans. Just about as hard as you can get as a player. One of my favourites. A lot of other blokes get bigger wraps but he was so hard at the ball and won so much of it when he really had no right to. WAFG he is.

morgieb

Surprised he played on this season.

WAG. Will leave a bit of a hole in our lineup, and one of the true AFL legends. May not be the best, but one of the toughest.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Jude Bolton will announce his retirement this arvo at 2pm.

He's been an absolute legend at the Swans. Just about as hard as you can get as a player. One of my favourites. A lot of other blokes get bigger wraps but he was so hard at the ball and won so much of it when he really had no right to. WAFG he is.
WAG, give me a jude bolton anyday over some flashy **** like pendlebury.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Love that a combination of Fletcher being a dirty **** and Hird being a cheating **** has prevented Fletcher from breaking the club games record this year, and possibly ever.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
sydney obv hired brisbane's PR team and decided to announce it today of all days.
The Essendon thing isn't really making massive news down here.

Sport News: NRL, Super 15, Cricket, A-League, Wallabies, Socceroos

As of now the top sport stories on SMH are the Ashes wrap up, Scott getting the no2 ranking, about 6 odd NRL stories, Bolton retiring and 2 Union stories. Only Essendon story I can find is in the AFL section and that's 4th from the top.

howardj

International Coach
If a journeyman from Port, Brisbane or the Bulldogs confessed on national TV to taking a banned drug

And that club effectively sacked their High Performance manager on the day the story broke

And that club's players had signed consent forms for banned drugs

And they had an internal report that was incredibly damning

Go away Essendon....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"Essendon's commission hearing is likely to return tomorrow as an outcome is unlikely tonight. Meeting will reconvene at 10am tomorrow."