• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
Will depend on how Kreuzer comes back from his injury. He's young, but its a tough injury for a big bloke.

What do people reckon about Hawthorn? Time to strip down and rebuild again, or worth tinkering a bit more? Have heard they're a big show to get Chris Tarrant, which would suggest they think the latter. With Gibson, Stratton, and Tarrant in the back line, and a fit and firing Hodge, that's a pretty decent defence.

Meanwhile, I reckon the Swannies would fancy themselves against the Doggies, and then a classic prelim with St Kilda beckons. Will be a fun couple of weeks.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
:( another game next week ill be struggling to decide who i want to lose more. Still think a Geelong repeat is the best outcome we can hope for.

Matt79

Global Moderator
So Benchy, assuming if it were to fall out that there was a Pies v Swans grand final, which team winning would upset you more?

pasag

RTDAS
lulz to be had trawling the blues section of a certain big footy website at the moment... :evil:
Last I checked at about 5pm it was ok in there. Some serious trolling from Essendon fans and some gracious Sydney fans. This is usually the point where all the BF fans turn on eachother. One guy will want to sack half the club, another guy will go crazy saying something like "ur not a tru supptir if u bag carlton" and it's all downhill from there.

pasag

RTDAS
:( another game next week ill be struggling to decide who i want to lose more. Still think a Geelong repeat is the best outcome we can hope for.
Want Geelong to win because they deserve a dynasty, although would be happy if St Kilda win after their form over the past two/three years. Doggies winning would be a joke and if Collingwood wins it'll be all sort of tragic. No one wants that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Everyone wants Collingwood to lose the prelim and it to be a Geelong vs. Saints rematch.

Everyone.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Benchy, assuming if it were to fall out that there was a Pies v Swans grand final, which team winning would upset you more?
Would hope Collingwood to win by 100+ points itbt. Sydney are my most despised sports team. Would rather England win the Ashes 5-0 than Sydney win the premiership.

Burgey

Would hope Collingwood to win by 100+ points itbt. Sydney are my most despised sports team. Would rather England win the Ashes 5-0 than Sydney win the premiership.
WAC.

Prefering England win the Ashes over the Black Death is un-Australian.

Though I was forced into supporting them in the World T20 Final, but that's not real cricket anyway.

morgieb

WAC.

Prefering England win the Ashes over the Black Death is un-Australian.

Though I was forced into supporting them in the World T20 Final, but that's not real cricket anyway.
Why were you forced into supporting them? Traitor. :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Geez I hope they get through, Sydney have been very competitive against St Kilda over their meetings since Ross Lyon took over in the main, and could be a ripper Prelim.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez I hope they get through, Sydney have been very competitive against St Kilda over their meetings since Ross Lyon took over in the main, and could be a ripper Prelim.
I'm just glad to see they knocked The Scum out. I could live for years on Lachie Henderson's tears.

Re: Jono, I meant I don't think Sydney deserve to be favourites.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Normally teams that win elimination finals flatter to deceive and get done over in semis, so some scepticism is understandable, but geez the Doggies looked rooted on Sat night. Just out of legs, cattle and frankly, appetite. Reckon the Swans will roll them.