• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely the coach isn't the one in charge of the drafting? If you've got recruiting managers, you might as well trust them.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Surely the coach isn't the one in charge of the drafting? If you've got recruiting managers, you might as well trust them.
I'm lead to believe he overrid Dodoro's call of Palmer over Myers.

He has been responsible for drafting Atkinson as well.

His recruiting choices have been terrible too.

I'm over his lack of a defensive gameplan and how he plays favourites with guys who clearly aren't up to it.

Richmond are closer to a flag than us with him at the helm.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely Myers is a better fit at Essendon than Palmer anyway?

Plus, you got Jake Carlisle for Andrew Lovett, which I think in time will be a very good piece of list management. Merely getting rid of Andrew Lovett before all of this... stuff... happened, whether it would have happened or not with him still at Essendon, still shows some level of shrewdness on the football department's behalf.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richmond's kicking in is possibly the stupidest thing I have EVER seen in my time watching footy. What the ****? It is so fundamental to the game, yet we have this stupid tactic of waiting 10 seconds and then bombinb it 50m to their ruckman or to where they have more numbers.

WHAT
THE

****ing hell.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ablett is so ****ing good. You can say it 100 million times, but its not enough
This. He's unbelieveable really.

Not much he can't do - his balance is incredible, I've noticed - just doesn't go to ground where mere mortals do.

Swans sure got a lesson in perspective yesterday. Geelong went up a gear and they simply could not go with them. Scarlett brilliant on Bradshaw, who won't need to wash his jumper (through no real fault of his own it must be said).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, but it sucks for you that its at Etihad. Would have been a real good chance at MCG

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, but it sucks for you that its at Etihad. Would have been a real good chance at MCG
I don't know why people keep bringing this line out. Carlton don't mind playing shootouts, which means Etihad is probably better for them anyway.

If you had to pick a time to face the Saints, now would be it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not saying the Blues suck at Etihad, rather the Saints aren't that good at the MCG.

St Kilda's record at etihad is phenomenal.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not saying the Blues suck at Etihad, rather the Saints aren't that good at the MCG.

St Kilda's record at etihad is phenomenal.
Yeah it is, but like I said, no matter where you're playing you'd be pretty happy to face the Saints now if you had to at all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep.

They better play Kosi in the ruck!

By the way, is it true the game is like on a 15 minute delay tonight, rather than 1 hour?

If so, why not just make it live you idiots.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep.

They better play Kosi in the ruck!

By the way, is it true the game is like on a 15 minute delay tonight, rather than 1 hour?

If so, why not just make it live you idiots.
Not sure? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense given they're almost assured of a full house, unless being on a Monday night and not a public holiday is a bigger turn off than I thought. At any rate I thought it had been proven that live telecasts don't stop people going to the game, but the head honchos are always going to be the last to concede to that kind of information.

I was actually keen to go if I knew I could just walk up without having to reserve a ticket.

pasag

RTDAS
You know we've put on an absolute clinic against both grand finalists now, yet I'd have rather have seen us beat Collingwood and Essendon tbh. ****s.

Still, we should have beaten the Saints last year (Houlihan missed with a few seconds left) so it's awesome to do it now without Fev. So much talk about our demise, yet we kicked 120+ against St Kilda tonight. Still not going to make the finals Matt?

howardj

International Coach
I'm getting worried about the Lions.

Anyway, Benny Cousins On The Couch tomorrow night.

He might give a scoop and announce his retirement.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
What on Earth has happened to Bryce Gibbs' field kicking? Time was he was a dead-eye, now he's just plain pants.

And why the hell can't Kane Lucas ton up in DT? The last two weeks he's had the ball on a ****ing rope getting cheap marks and kicks on the HB line and in neither game has he come particularly close to a ton. ****.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh and as an aside, does anyone else think that Setanta o'hAilpin is actually the perfect man to lead Carlton's forward line? The fact that he can rarely ever take a mark almost works in the Blues' favour as long as one of Betts, Garlett and Yarran is somewhere at his feet.

The whole forward structure remind me of the Zerg Overlord/Scourge relationship from Starcraft. The Overlord is a pretty average unit on its own, but with a bunch of scourge on its back, the Zerg are able to **** up many a ****.