• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that's where I stand when I think of Franklin too. He seems to polarise opinion a bit - some say he's way over rated, others seem to think he can do no wrong. I tend to think of him as a bloke you're always wary of, because on any given day he'll just turn it on, and I don't know if he even quite knows when that's going to be. Just a scary player.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
In a recent interview Greg Inglis said he was pretty much a bees dick away from signing with Essendon a few years ago, how do you ****s reckon he would've gone? The fact he was playing for the Storm at the time and that they had a fair few trainings with AFL clubs makes me think he wouldve gone alright, definitely better than Folau

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Folau could have done well, he just didn't want to put in. Which is fair enough. Look at Hunt. At first everyone was giving him ****. Now he's lean and a very serviceable player, and at times, a very good player. Mainly because he has the drive and wanted to succeed at AFL.

If Inglis gave a **** he'd have done reasonably well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"although rugby league's massive State of Origin ratings are included in NRL totals."

Yeah..... kind of an important disclaimer I'd say.

State of origin is brilliant - gets interest, viewers and the crowds. But no one gives a **** about the Paramatta Fish or the Leichhardt Oval ******s or whatever these random suburban teams that have Sheffield Shield crowds.
You do realise that the main basis for that article was Foxtel ratings this year, right?
And that State of Origin hasn't been played yet this year, right?
And that State of Origin isn't even on Foxtel, right?
And that I was just revenge trolling you for all the crowd-related trolling you do in the NRL thread, right?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Actually that's a lie I did know State of Origin isn't on Foxtel. Because it has that Channel 9 guy whose voice fires up whenever a team looks like they may get a try.

uvelocity

International Coach
"although rugby league's massive State of Origin ratings are included in NRL totals."

Yeah..... kind of an important disclaimer I'd say.

State of origin is brilliant - gets interest, viewers and the crowds. But no one gives a **** about the Paramatta Fish or the Leichhardt Oval ******s or whatever these random suburban teams that have Sheffield Shield crowds.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
"Brad Scott's side has been the worst in the AFL after the 25-minute mark of last quarters this year and last year. North has been outscored in this time by 115 points -- more than Greater Western Sydney (112), Western Bulldogs (96) and Gold Coast (65)."

howardj

International Coach
Pure compassion?

Would have thought being compassionate would have meant not making it public

Surely he could have approached the 13 year old girl privately, rather than making a spectacle

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol.

Other than exposing the racist pricks, what he's also done is educate a lot of people that calling a black person an "ape" is racist. So many people coming out going "if I can call Medhurst a skunk, and Milne a rat, why can't I call Goodes an ape".

Lack of knowledge of historical connotations is amazing.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
in other news: adam goodes favourites ajdude's tweet (@AJ9427 aka "silly name but i'll read it out anyway")

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta love Jono Brown. Argues his contact was "incidental" and not deliberate. He turns his head to look at the bloke's melon, then plants his forearm across it. Brilliant.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harry O:

It doesn't matter if you are a school teacher, a doctor or even the president of my football club I will not tolerate racism, nor should we as a society. Im extremely disappointed with Eddie's comments and do not care what position he holds, I disagree with what came out his mouth this morning on radio. To me Eddie's comments are reflective of common attitudes that we as a society face. To me Australia is very casual with racism, I would argue that many people in this country would not think what Eddie or the 13yr old girl said last friday is 'bad'. In my opinion race relations in this country is systematically a national disgrace and we have a long way to go to reach a more harmonious and empathetic society.