• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

ripper868

International Coach
The Ben Cousins story;

Played footy, took drugs, hit rock nottom, trained, got clean for a bit, played footy, got injured took drugs, made family cry, hit rock bottom, trained, played footy, got clean for a month, trained heaps hard, got injured, took drugs, hurt family,played footy, took drugs, hit rock nottom, trained, got clean for a bit, played footy, got injured took drugs, made family cry, hit rock bottom, trained, played footy, got clean for a month, trained heaps hard, got injured, took drugs, hurt family, found some sort of redemption.

fin.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The hair thing is very interesting. I didn't give it much thought at the time, just assumed it was just a big '**** you' to the AFL from Cousins, but I can sort've see where he's coming from, and how he could've felt they were trying to catch him out.

Next year for the Good Friday Appeal they should get Mike Tyson to sock Carolyn Wilson in the kisser for donations.

pasag

RTDAS
The hair thing is very interesting. I didn't give it much thought at the time, just assumed it was just a big '**** you' to the AFL from Cousins, but I can sort've see where he's coming from, and how he could've felt they were trying to catch him out.

Next year for the Good Friday Appeal they should get Mike Tyson to sock Carolyn Wilson in the kisser for donations.
The journos probably come out of this whole thing the worst, led by Caro.

He has an amazing father though.

benchmark00

If he had've failed that, it was all over.
Yeah well that's obvious, no doubt about it. In a way, the AFL didn't want him back. They wanted everyone to know that they aren't going to tolerate drugs in football. Cousins gave them no choice in the end though. He did what he had to do.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sam Newman pretending like Channel 9 would have treated it differently and been more honest and asked the harder questions.

You are full of **** Sammy. C9 is just as scummy, if not more scummy.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Exactly, and how would have Channel 9 asked those questions? They would have altered the documentary? Or put him out in front of Tracy Grimshaw? :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And as we spoke about on FB, his views as to what 'addiction' is is so backward. Can't believe he thinks Cuz lied about being an addict to make money.

What a dick. Used to be funny, now he's useless. A bigger dick without the funny.

benchmark00

Nah, Sam Newman is not a dick. Haven't seen TFS tonight, but sounds like he's talking guff, so can't defend him.

However, he's a very astute thinker of the game of football and how it should be played. And still regularly funny imo.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Some of his football stuff is alright, and he can be a bit of a laugh when he's hanging stick on other members of the panel. But he's so out of touch on social issues, highlighted by his views tonight and also on leadership at football clubs, when Akermanis was on the Footy Show, which were archaic and ridiculous.

pasag

RTDAS
Doubt 9 would have broken it up into two parts and also doubt they would have turned it into a circus like 7 did. Don't really think Newman should be commenting on it on so harshly on national TV without seeing the second half though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
When has the rights and wrongs of an issue ever stopped Sam being a pratt about anything on channel 7 and 10 though? I gave both a miss and watched the documentary on ABC about the science of why human beings respond in certain ways to music - amazing stuff.

benchmark00

What is dickhead Warne doing on the panel? The show struggles enough for footy content, let alone having a self absorbed **** who has as much an idea about football, if not less, than random **** on the street?

Wish they'd have three current AFL players on the panel every week.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd be diassociating myself with him whenever possible. Reckon he's a shocker, personally.
Why? Not saying you're wrong, just curious.

People bitch about the AFL and the way its run (umpires, tribunal, new clubs coming in etc), but I have no doubt the game is in better shape now than it was 10 years ago.

Matt79

Global Moderator
What is dickhead Warne doing on the panel? The show struggles enough for footy content, let alone having a self absorbed **** who has as much an idea about football, if not less, than random **** on the street?

Wish they'd have three current AFL players on the panel every week.
He did play reserves footy, which is more than the average **** off the street. And they played the Gatting ball and the Swanneh one as well, so I was happy.