• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There is a clear difference between the Weapon and Hird though. Hird is responsible for and controls a whole gamut of things in the football department, Robinson was responsible for one thing and one thing only, and the fact that the whole operation that he was overseeing was brought in to question meant he had to step aside.
Well he was stood down by the club, he didn't voluntarily step aside, right?

I am not necessarily saying Hird should stand down himself. He believes he did not do anything wrong, and he doesn't want to go anywhere. The club should have stood him down though - just like Cronulla did.

By the way, Hird controls no gambut of anything, we all know Bomber Thompson does it all :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But the Weapon's position was untenable. You can't carry on with that **** over your head, he needed to be stood down. Hird, as well as Flanagan, shouldn't be/have been stood down IMO.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Black Caviar retiring straight after James Hird's interviews with ASADA. Coincidence?

Last edited:

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Look, no doubt Collingwood fans are annoying, and so are Carlton and I'll happily add my beloved Richmond to the mix. No doubt Adelaide, Port Adelaide and West Coast fans are ****ing annoying too.

But there is nothing like the modern day Essendon supporter, who truly believes that their club has a God given right to be top 4 every single season and if they are not then there is something wrong with the club. The self-entitled nature of their fans makes you want to just burn Windy Hill down. They don't believe the club should ever re-build, they should always have superstars and if they don't well sack Matthew Knights.

The other key factor that separates Essendon from Collingwood is that their "heroes" are literally untouchable. Of course it is similar at other clubs, but Collingwood fans were bagging Nathan Buckley left, right and centre after round 3 last year. They were pissed Mick had left for him etc. This is their club's hero of the last 30 years, and yet they were willing to tear him down barely before his career started. Such irrationality not a great quality, don't get me wrong, but at least they don't think his **** doesn't stink.

Essendon on the other hand - James Hird is the God and how dare someone suggest he may have done something wrong.

****s. The lot of them. ****s. I lived in Essendon for a decade. They are ****s. Can you really blame Steven Dank for injecting them with all this ****? Should have forcible euthanised the lot of them. Let's rid the AFL of these ****s . Get them banned, get them stripped of points, replace them with the Hobart Hamsters or Launceston Ladybugs and just be done with it.
scathing

ajdude

International Coach
as if you know what pixels are you old ****

should've tweeted in and asked "why is my twitter handle silly you ****** #askrobbo"

Last edited: