• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ahhhh i can't watch insider anymore since someone pointed out the whole "back of the head camera angle" thing, i can't unsee it
Yeah it's so ****. Never used to be like that.
it's sorta like one of those "you can always see your nose" things, drives me nuts
Bit slow on this, but what were you blokes referring to here? You referring to the camera angle where half of someone's back of the head is in view when the other host is talking?

ajdude

International Coach
Bit slow on this, but what were you blokes referring to here? You referring to the camera angle where half of someone's back of the head is in view when the other host is talking?
yeah, when the four of them are around the table you can always see the back of one of their heads

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Higgins out for the season, with a navicular. Because Shaun Higgins really needed more bad luck. he'll probably end up never being able to walk properly again

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because Essendon fans are, bar none, the worst human scum on Earth.

I love how Dean Robinson can be stood down without being proven guilty, and that is fine, but Hird isn't stood down because that would be a breach of natural justice. Worst ****s I swear.

Spikey

essendon fans weren't happy when i supported a view that in future hopefully the EFC will be smarter and perhaps not play on the border between legal and illegal drugs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Worse than Collingwood fans?

Big call, surely?
Look, no doubt Collingwood fans are annoying, and so are Carlton and I'll happily add my beloved Richmond to the mix. No doubt Adelaide, Port Adelaide and West Coast fans are ****ing annoying too.

But there is nothing like the modern day Essendon supporter, who truly believes that their club has a God given right to be top 4 every single season and if they are not then there is something wrong with the club. The self-entitled nature of their fans makes you want to just burn Windy Hill down. They don't believe the club should ever re-build, they should always have superstars and if they don't well sack Matthew Knights.

The other key factor that separates Essendon from Collingwood is that their "heroes" are literally untouchable. Of course it is similar at other clubs, but Collingwood fans were bagging Nathan Buckley left, right and centre after round 3 last year. They were pissed Mick had left for him etc. This is their club's hero of the last 30 years, and yet they were willing to tear him down barely before his career started. Such irrationality not a great quality, don't get me wrong, but at least they don't think his **** doesn't stink.

Essendon on the other hand - James Hird is the God and how dare someone suggest he may have done something wrong.

****s. The lot of them. ****s. I lived in Essendon for a decade. They are ****s. Can you really blame Steven Dank for injecting them with all this ****? Should have forcible euthanised the lot of them. Let's rid the AFL of these ****s . Get them banned, get them stripped of points, replace them with the Hobart Hamsters or Launceston Ladybugs and just be done with it.

Last edited:

Spikey

i don't really care for the 2nd paragraph of jono's post, but the 3rd is spot on, and obviously parts of the 2nd and 3rd are intertwined

howardj

International Coach
Because Essendon fans are, bar none, the worst human scum on Earth.

I love how Dean Robinson can be stood down without being proven guilty, and that is fine, but Hird isn't stood down because that would be a breach of natural justice. Worst ****s I swear.
Excellent point

That said, I can't see the need for a footy coach to stand aside frankly. For mine, only if you're in a position of trust (teacher being investigated for abuse for example), or a public office (Government Minister, GG or Police Commissioner for example) should you be required to stand aside, or if charged with a serious crime. The only time a sportsperson should stand aside is if they are charged with a very serious crime or if their continuing participation puts the integrity of the competition at risk (i.e. they may have performance enhancing drugs in their system currently, or they may be a man in a women's competition - like they chick that was found to be a man).

Otherwise, let the investigations run their course and let the cards fall where they may.

Last edited:

benchmark00

There is a clear difference between the Weapon and Hird though. Hird is responsible for and controls a whole gamut of things in the football department, Robinson was responsible for one thing and one thing only, and the fact that the whole operation that he was overseeing was brought in to question meant he had to step aside.