• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Call me a 'manager' again and there'll be hell to pay Brumby. It's a coach you damn Brit :mad:

:ph34r:

Anyway, comment as follows:

So ****ing ridiculous to lose in the prelim considering the strength of the team all season. In my two other leagues, including the one with money on the line, I've made the GF, but in the worst league I'm in I get knocked out thanks to Cooney's ****ing hamstring.

Watch out CW, I'm coming back next year stronger than ever

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ged looks pretty strong going in to the GF it has to be said. Will have to splash the cash this week.

My other leagues are ranked 50 & 226, so safe to say im out of those

pasag

RTDAS
Been pretty good so far though 7 doing its best to ruin it. Some good footage though The Age writers are unnecessary. Didn't know the drug use went back so far - since 17/18 y.o. according to the man.

howardj

International Coach
The 2nd part is on tonight.

I didn't feel it was especially insightful so far.

It's still interesting though.

howardj

International Coach
I think it's clear that he took drugs just because he enjoyed them, and could afford them - no real complex story behind it as I think some people were expecting.

Agree that his journey back to recovery in tonight's episode will probably be better viewing, not that last night was bad.

pasag

RTDAS
The main issues with it is that it is billed as a cautionary tail for youngsters, but it doesn't really come out like that. In the first half anyways. Basically Cousins took drugs, had an amazing time, won a Brownlow and a premiership anyways and got picked up by random blondes at a US airport.

We'll see what's in store tonight, but on the basis of the first half, if I was to show a doco to a kid I wanted to stop using drugs, it certainly wouldn't be this one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Agree, and that's why it was ******** to do it over 2 nights.

I know they wanted to split it for ratings, but still. People are talking about it now (which is good for C7), but the story gets ruined.

Right now he just looks like a smug guy who eventually had a downfall, but managed to have a fantastic life up to that point anyway. And even afterwards, still had lots of fun.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, this is bloody ridiculous.

Also, I think that some people won't be happy that he's remorseful till they see public tears. There is this need for him to be broken down in front of the public for them to be satisified.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How is Channel 7 exploiting him?

This was Cousins' idea, it's not like Channel 7 have done the doco and chose to air it without his consent.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
How is Channel 7 exploiting him?

This was Cousins' idea, it's not like Channel 7 have done the doco and chose to air it without his consent.
More referring to the discussion stuff at the beginning of the second half. Clearly done to eat into the Footy Show time, and using to preach its own form of twisted morality.

Last edited: