• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

ajdude

International Coach
what's this .1 stuff?

also how good would it be if Richmond were correct in saying they won't lose the close ones and thus lose to gold coast by 10 goals

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what's this .1 stuff?

also how good would it be if Richmond were correct in saying they won't lose the close ones and thus lose to gold coast by 10 goals
If you top the round you get at .1. Common fare in tipping.

Used to determine tiebreakers if people are equal.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bloke was re-signed in August wasn't he?

Horrible from the Melbourne board. Breach of the director's duty of not being ****heads.

benchmark00

Nah, Whateley was going on about how the performance of the team is being dictated by Schwab. It was put to him that Neeld needs to go and he was all 'nope this is higher than Neeld'.

Schwab wasn't the only one involved in the process to get Neeld. Yeah he signed off on it, but it's just him acting on recommendations put before him. The failings of the football department fundamentally have nothing to do with him.

Schwab was ******** because he went silent when everyone was baying for blood, it lacked leadership. But it's not his fault they're playing so ****. There's bigger fish to fry than an administrator.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Whateley was saying that the position Melbourne are in now has to do with the destruction of the culture of the club since the 2009 tanking affair, and he's not alone in saying that. Many believe it has affected the football department and the players.

You can disagree with that view of course, but he wasn't blindly saying Schwab is responsible for Neeld's **** ups. He is saying that this goes way back to before Neeld.

benchmark00

Nah he wasn't saying that though.

Anyway, that wasn't the reason why I think GW has jumped the shark. He just has become more and more sensationalist lately. It's the Robbo influence.

benchmark00

The real problem with Melbourne is the person who thinks it's reasonable to let go of players like Petterd and Rivers, among others and leave duds hanging around the place. Scully is fair enough, nothing you can do about that, but those other two needed to be held on to and in RP's case, actually played.

Hopefully Jones has enough and comes to North.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah he wasn't saying that though.

Anyway, that wasn't the reason why I think GW has jumped the shark. He just has become more and more sensationalist lately. It's the Robbo influence.
Man I didn't say that was the reason you said that about Whateley. Chillllllllllllllllll baby.

Redbacks

International Captain
Robbo calling for the AFL to prop them up with picks in the draft last night on 360 really **** me off.

Add to that high profile figures calling for the AFL to step in and save them, it's just pathetic.

benchmark00

Robbo's such a ****. I love Rohan Connolly's not so subtle jabs at him on Twitter. He should be the man on television, not that POS.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Off topic:

Rohan Connolly ‏@rohan_connolly 7 Apr
Apparently (cos I'm not watching) Joel Madden just won Logie for Best New Talent. Seriously. Must also be a lock for Biggest Pain in Arse.

benchmark00

360 with Maclure and King will be interesting this week (unfortunately Austar doesn't get connected until Thursday).

I've changed my tact. I think it is personal between King and Neeld. There hasn't been a more brutal attack on a coach by a former player/coach since forever than the one by King (and Maclure as his cronie).

He hasn't just attack his recruiting etc, he's openly come out and said he can't coach.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with King, but it's brutal and I think a little over the top.

benchmark00

Yeah but Maclure just tags along, King is the one driving it whereas Maclure likes to push the envelope.

Last edited: