• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lynden Dunn's mum who rates Nathan Jones like Benchy highly and that bogan bloke who Benchy agreed with regarding the midfield.

Good company :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can a sport that gets basically no help recruitment wise from any other country, really sustain having 18 top tier teams and expect a high standard across the board? I don't think so.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can a sport that gets basically no help recruitment wise from any other country, really sustain having 18 top tier teams and expect a high standard across the board? I don't think so.
What sport has a high standard across the board?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jack Watts is nothing ffs. He's not big, he's not small, he's not lightning fast and he doesn't have a big tank like Riewoldt. He is nothing. He has no role.

Spikey

i think the issue is we have too many quitters who quit too young. dustin fletcher forever matty scarlett never

Spikey

Jack Watts is nothing ffs. He's not big, he's not small, he's not lightning fast and he doesn't have a big tank like Riewoldt. He is nothing. He has no role.
well he's supposed to be lightening quick over 20m, but obviously that test wasn't done during a real game......

Spikey

btw, i'm so disappointed i can't get a screencap of '3 votes: j. watts' from last year's essendon-demons game.

Spikey

if i wasn't so lazy, i'd go check the pre-draft scouting reports on watts et al and see if any of them raised concerns about being lazy, soft etc

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What sport has a high standard across the board?
Not exactly the point I was trying to make. Yes, there aren't any sports where every team finishes the season with a 50% win, 50% loss record or anything like that and even if it did it wouldn't necessarily mean high standard, it was a genuine point though that I think that it really does get difficult for one country (with minor help from Ireland and Canada, happy Spikey) to fill 18 rosters with enough very good players to make the league good.

There are roughly 400 AFL players playing in the sports top division, how many top tier AFL footballers are there? How many of the 400 would you consider good and how many are fairly ordinary? I don't know the stats, interested though.

benchmark00

The standard of football across the board has never been better. Not sure what your argument is. Are you saying that the level is getting worse? Because if you are, you're wrong.

benchmark00

Are you saying that when a team gets belted it's because the league has too many teams?

Isn't the AFL criticised for being too even by the way it's structured? Bizarre stuff.