• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Said it heaps last year. Essendon making the finals last year was the worst thing that could happen to them.

They are officially ****

Matt79

Global Moderator
I've told Mick about what you've said recently Benchy - we might play our reserves just to make sure the Hawks stay in. :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
McLeod officially retiring.

What a player. Brilliant to watch and one of my favourites of all time.

Will be missed.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Leigh Brown watch?

Gorrrrrrn.
Good Point:
LEIGH
BROWN
WATCH
MOTHER
B**TCHES

In an otherwise dirty night for the Pies, the great man Leigh Brown was a pillar of strength, rubbing the noses of various joke clubs in their ineptitude in not being able to work with such a genius of the modern game. Brown ("not Johnno Brown, he's the **** version of me", Leigh clarified) stood tall, amassing a telling 14 possessions, some influential taps and one-percenters, and top-scoring on the field on the night, with a mighty 2.1 out of Collingwood's rather disappointing 6.18. "Look, it's embarrassing none of these flogs can kick straight, but so long as Swanny and Pendles can get it to me, I'll get the job done" said a humble Brown.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Took me about 2 hours of ****ing around today, but finally managed to get my membership sorted out so I'm into the MCC Members Grand Final ballot.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Oh that. Hitting Adelaide players shouldn't really count. Besides, this way he'll be nice and fresh for the first week of the finals. He only did it so Fraser could get his 200th game. Meantime, we're going to pull a Freo and rest Swan, Pendlebury, Jolly, Didak, Cloke (who'll spend the whole week alternating between the shrink and goal-kicking practice), O'Brien, Thomas, Maxwell, etc etc.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought you rested O'Brien last week?? Didn't see him much..

And surely Maxwell is still out injured... right?

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Said it heaps last year. Essendon making the finals last year was the worst thing that could happen to them.

They are officially ****
Still got more going for us than your mob!

Gotta be the worst season in history though if Collingwood win the flag as well though.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Bookie wants AFL inquiry into Dockers' thrashing

Maybe people should just not bet of football, or offer books on football, if they don't like the fact that clubs and the competition aren't run to suit the smooth running of a punting market.
Oh hi Nick Xenaphon, I didn't hear you slither in.

Clubs aren't run for the bookies, but they do answer to the AFL - the same AFL that many corporate bookies pay a product fee to. You'd be silly to think the AFL doesn't have an interest in listening to those they have partnership agreements with. If they don't, who can say what the implications would be for cooperation in other areas where the AFL itself demands probity?

Having said that, Alan Eskander is a prima donna. He's apparently the same bloke who was throwing credit at Brendan Fevola at the height of his gambling problem, so it's not like he is particularly genuine when it comes to talking about responsible gambling.