• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Almost disappointing i don't get to rant about that - had a real good one lined up

Diabolical performance from a team that certainly believed its own hype. They are absolute ****.

El Nino

School Boy/Girl Captain
FMD Scully was good last night. His disposal was spot on most of the time, has awesome composure for a young kid as well. Still think Watts will be the more important player in Melbourne's future.

howardj

International Coach
We're off to the game tonight. I'm getting a head start now though!!

Absolutely love going to the Lions games. My tummy already feels buzzy.

pasag

RTDAS
Only had afl.com.au on in the background while doing assignments, but it looks like one of the games of the season on paper.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Port vs. Essendon was awesome. I almost went, but was amazing on TV anyway. See-saw battle.

Hawthorn can come back and win this I reckon. West Coast will fall away in the third quarter, and their awful skills is exacerbated more when they have no run.

Craig

World Traveller
Geez Freo were really wasteful with all of their chances they created. They were lucky in the end that Brisbane didn't pull their pants down. And yes I saw Freo fans and have pics to prove it.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez Freo were really wasteful with all of their chances they created. They were lucky in the end that Brisbane didn't pull their pants down. And yes I saw Freo fans and have pics to prove it.
Honestly don't know why you think Freo have no fans. They've been one of the most well marketed teams of the past five years and one of the most well off now, too. The stadium fiasco in WA which has created the massive queue of people waiting to become West Coast members is enough of a deterrent to anyone who wants to watch regular live football that Freo has been allowed to pick up a lot of the slack. They've also been proactive with their sales, undercutting the West Coast merchandise pretty heavily from what I hear.

It goes without saying that they draw pretty big crowds in Perth, but even here in Melbourne they do pretty well for an interstate side. When I saw them play Essendon in Rd 2 I was on the third tier and surrounded by purple.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Pies were just what you'd hope tonight playing a more lowly opposition - fairly ruthless over 4 quarters. The Kangas have some decent players, but they were shown up in terms of depth and bodies with the years in the system to be strong over the ball and gut-run. Really pleased with how guys like Reid and Dawes have come on, and how well Ball is now doing. Thomas is finally starting to perform week in week out at the level he should. Sidebottom, despite kicking five goals, actually disappointed me tonight - he got himself in the right position to finish and did so well, but he was quite unclean several times around the ground.

Craig

World Traveller
Honestly don't know why you think Freo have no fans. They've been one of the most well marketed teams of the past five years and one of the most well off now, too. The stadium fiasco in WA which has created the massive queue of people waiting to become West Coast members is enough of a deterrent to anyone who wants to watch regular live football that Freo has been allowed to pick up a lot of the slack. They've also been proactive with their sales, undercutting the West Coast merchandise pretty heavily from what I hear.

It goes without saying that they draw pretty big crowds in Perth, but even here in Melbourne they do pretty well for an interstate side. When I saw them play Essendon in Rd 2 I was on the third tier and surrounded by purple.
Because I have met loads and loads of people from WA in the last few years and every one said they supported West Coast. Short of flying to Perth that is.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
How the **** did we lose yesterday? Seriously....

Knights is a woeful coach....

Ryder dominating in the ruck all day and he waits until the last 5 mins of the last to put him back there. FFS Knights go back to your ****house club, stop ****ing up ours!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Get ****ed Mike.

Your club was a rabble well before Knights came.

Anyway, Chris Newman is the worst captain in the AFL. What a dick.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apathetic re: loss last night. Devo re: Liam Anthony.

Collingwood were good, we were really poor. Still gaggin' for the Dish to return.

Richmond's last quarter seems diabolical. Jono, if I were you I'd be looking into the price of Gold Coast or GWS memberships

Matt79

Global Moderator
How the **** did we lose yesterday? Seriously....

Knights is a woeful coach....

Ryder dominating in the ruck all day and he waits until the last 5 mins of the last to put him back there. FFS Knights go back to your ****house club, stop ****ing up ours!
You've got a lot of **** players as well if that makes you feel any better about Knights...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
You've got a lot of **** players as well if that makes you feel any better about Knights...
We do but courtesy of his **** drafting.

ie Myers over Cyril.

Atkinson is an absolute embarrassment.

Bringing Prismall over ( so overrated it isn't funny).

Persisting with average plodders like Hocking, Slattery and Welsh.

We need to stop playing these guys and let guys like Zaharakis, Melksham, Colyer and the likes who have shown a fair bit a chance to develope.