• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You ain't missing much. Went a few years back at ANZ Stadium. Horrible viewing ground.
Saw last year's prelim between Sydney and Collingwood at ANZ. I think my expectations were exceedingly low because of how much you told me it sucked, so I didn't have that bad an experience. Still definitely a **** ground though. I was on the bottom/ground level too which I generally am not at when I watch footy as I like to see the whole ground, but my mates bought the tickets. I imagine its worse in the stands.

In any case, as a lover of sport in general and now a resident of NSW, figured I should attend an Origin match at least once, even if I don't follow the sport.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
seems like being a resident of NSW, the suitable thing to do would be not attend an rugby league match

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You ain't missing much. Went a few years back at ANZ Stadium. Horrible viewing ground.
Can't argue with the ANZ assessment. Absolute abortion of a ground. That's what pandering to minority sports (AFL/Olympics) will do to an experience. #60krectangularseaterforwesternsydney

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I will try and go to the Origin this year though, have never been. Should be a cool experience.

Plan on yelling "baaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll" throughout the match ftr.
you'll be screaming "get em on siiiiiiiiiddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeee" by the end of it, "play it ya ****" another favourite of mine, the hill at leichart oval is the best ground to yell abuse from

Burgey

Hill? Oval? Thought NRL was a professional competition?
The remaining clubs in the NRL mean enough that they like to have a designated home ground. It's only natural that because Aussie Rules is the bastard child of cricket that they use the same shaped ovals and have therefore decided to have all their games at two venues in the Bleak City.

Having said that, certainly agree with Ausage that there needs to be a 50-60,000 rectangular stadium in the western suburbs of Sydney. Ideally it would be at Blacktown out near the GWS cow paddock.

benchmark00

i.e. Rugby league can't get big enough crowds to justify upgrading to stadiums with a larger than 10,000 people capacity.

benchmark00

These ghey Saturday day games can gtfo. Dogs and Freo. Kidding yourself. Should be Carlton and Collingwood.